Awesome OFCC Was Awesome!

I second Steve's assessment here. I had an excellent time playing 9th age this weekend. Brought me right back to WHFB 8th edition games that I was missing this big time. The changes were enough to keep me on my toes for sure. Other than that the game plays very much like the previous edition we all loved so much. 

Thanks to Aaron, Jake, Derk, Kacy, and Bryan for excellent games. 

• Like 2

My games were awesome and I want to thank Derk, Andrew, Thiel and Marietta. All of the games were fantastic fun and will live on in memory as great games!

Derk - Remind me to pack a bigger bottle of Scotch for next year! 

Andrew - grrrrrrrrrrrr as always its 1-2 now douche bag.

Theil - Your Lord needs to return with a bigger block of knights to revenge the Charge of the light brigade. 

Marietta - My dark elves want pay back on your Carnosaur for eating our dragon and lord! 

Fantastic weekend and i will start planning early for next years event and what I'm gonna bring etc. 

I know i talked to a few folks about it and the idea of team events came up for next year? Would that be something people would be down with? i.e. teams of 3/4? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, splinx said:

My games were awesome and I want to thank Derk, Andrew, Thiel and Marietta. All of the games were fantastic fun and will live on in memory as great games!

Derk - Remind me to pack a bigger bottle of Scotch for next year! 

Andrew - grrrrrrrrrrrr as always its 1-2 now douche bag.

Theil - Your Lord needs to return with a bigger block of knights to revenge the Charge of the light brigade. 

Marietta - My dark elves want pay back on your Carnosaur for eating our dragon and lord! 

Fantastic weekend and i will start planning early for next years event and what I'm gonna bring etc. 

I know i talked to a few folks about it and the idea of team events came up for next year? Would that be something people would be down with? i.e. teams of 3/4? 

Next time we battle I'll let you get beaten by unpainted fancy knights instead of painting smelly ogres :cool:.

I think getting "Fantasy" at OFCC back to a team event would be the ultimate goal, just depends on attendance! 18 people would let us do 6 teams of 3.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, valourunbound said:

If a team event would increase the number of attendees, do it.

Otherwise... 4 teams of 4? Not so exciting. Though we could do it ETC style :ph34r:

Yeah if we can continue doubling up attendees and have 30 folks next year playing it would allow us too have 8ish teams which would be great. I already know of a couple thinking of jumping back into fantasy from infinity and 40k respectively so fingers crossed. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, smashthedean said:

I'd also love to see the OFCC return to being a team event, but we'd need at least 6 teams to pull it off and face different teams each round. That said, I could see us starting it out with 2-person teams maybe? That could be fun.

Start small if needed, teams of two are still teams!

• Like 3