Nurg.... Er Diseasy Demons List

I was somewhat inspired to see what I could do with my demons after playing Josh's Plague... so here is a rough list I tossed together... would definitely need some refinement, and I ran out of points long before I ran out of models:

Unnamed4500 Pts  -   Daemonic Legion of Pestilence Army

1 Father of Pestilence @ 1050.0 Pts
     Daemon of Pestilence; General; Wizard Master; 3 Learned Spells; The
     Witchcraft; General of Pestilence

1 Harbinger of Pestilence @ 290.0 Pts
     Daemon of Pestilence; Battle Standard

1 Harbinger of Pestilence @ 400.0 Pts
     Daemon of Pestilence; Wizard Apprentice; 1 Learned Spell; The Witchcraft

1 Pestilent Palanquin @ [0.0] Pts

15 Tallymen @ 424.0 Pts
     Daemon of Pestilence; Standard; Musician

1 Champion @ [20.0] Pts

18 Tallymen @ 496.0 Pts

1 Champion @ [20.0] Pts

7 Furies of Pestilence @ 188.0 Pts
     Daemon of Pestilence

3 Blight Flies @ 540.0 Pts

1 Champion @ [20.0] Pts

4 Blight Fly @ [0.0] Pts

3 Pestilent Beasts @ 390.0 Pts
     Daemon of Pestilence

4 Plaguelings @ 240.0 Pts
     Daemon of Pestilence

1 Daemon Engine of Pestilence @ 480.0 Pts
     Daemon of Pestilence

Models in Army: 56

Total Army Cost: 4498.0

Father of Pestilence needs some kit. Eternal Sword + Shackles of Reality is a good combo, or you can use the Trident of Torment if you need to save some points. I like Divination more than Witchcraft, but that may just be a personal preference.

I would drop the BSB and just make the dude on the Palanquin the BSB, and use those points to buff up the Flies or the Beasts. Drop the champ on the Flies, unless you are planning on running a Harbinger on a Fly, which can be pretty nasty: 5 flies, Harbinger on fly with Nauseating Aura and Bloated Putrefaction. Would require reworking the list though.

Also, toss up Contamination on stuff! Plaguelings with Contamination are nasty!

Oh I'm sorry, I thought my opponent was supposed to have fun too :P

Seriously though, I left the default spell type (or whatever it is called) as I have no idea on any of them. Like I said, this is a quick "see what it looks like".

Contamination... lets be honest... it was no fun to face on the field last weekend... I plan to skip it. I think the army will have plenty of nastiness without it. I know it is the bonus for the mono list... but you've never seen the bonus of the glee I get with a whole plaguey army on the field!

For the Father (and other upgrades) I was flat outta points and squeezing models already. In Old Warhammer, it was upgrades that really took them over the top so I'd rather err on the side of a fun game for two players. (again, just testing the waters at this point).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Fair enough! My personal opinion is that a mono-Pestilence army is pretty fair and fun army, and is pretty far from being a "hard" 9th Age list, even with all the goodies. Then again, I know Josh kicked a lot of but with it last weekend, so maybe I'm wrong! 

Well my game went south on one bad Ld roll, so it's hard to say how it would have gone, but the dwarfs could not really compete with any of his units once the Hammerers and General were gone.

I imagine you will take flaming on your war machines next time :D.

That rundown of the General+KG was pretty nuts. It is strange to me that Greybeards dont give a flip, but the super smashy doom unit with a King gets gobbled up like some skinks. That was some 8th edition type of punishment for rolling two dice the wrong way.

2 hours ago, TheBeninator said:

I imagine you will take flaming on your war machines next time :D.

That rundown of the General+KG was pretty nuts. It is strange to me that Greybeards dont give a flip, but the super smashy doom unit with a King gets gobbled up like some skinks. That was some 8th edition type of punishment for rolling two dice the wrong way.

Well, in theory the Greybeards and Kingsgaurd should have been within 6" of each other... I sorta fumbled my deployment and the Greybeards were stuck way to far field. Pretty much a newb error and I realized it was bad at the end of deployment... but it was too late then.