Scotty paints Primaris Marines

Snuck in a bit more during lunch.  I finished the shading with the Brown Ghost tint.  You can see it on the legs where it's most pronounced.  IThe tint is also very glossy, so it tends to shine up on those areas.  No matter, it'll all get sealed up.  the other thing I found is that the tint works as a good filter for the areas od yellow that were highlighted.  The yellow highlights lost some of their golden quality and looked more canary, but the tint did just enough to bring it back.

howlinggriffons19.JPG

howlinggriffons20.JPG

• Like 5

Got the primer down on the backpacks and helmets.  Sarge will be black, so it's not in this batch.  Tried masking tape, but the tape wouldn't stick, so had to free hand.  I've found that if you thin the paint with flow aid instead of anything else, it's easier to wipe off when you make a mistake, as long as you're quick about it.

howlinggriffons21.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, scottshoemaker said:

Squad Marking decals and gloss pin wash for definition shading done.

Now I can start the brush work. 

I thought about making some more in depth articles on the stuff I've learned so far, with the decals especially but also showing this pin wash technique. What say you?

Love to hear about this.

• Like 1

So I figured since I wasn't using the Ancient, I'd base the Libby conversion on him.  I cut the cape off the Gravis Captain and secured it to the Ancient:

howlinggriffons28.JPG

I cleaned up his left hand and added a pointing one I managed to find in the Ordo bits collection.  I then removed theright Bolt Rifle hand and added the GK Force sword I ordered, along with the pauldron so I could add the GK one,, along with a little scroll tube I found as well.  With the amount of clipping I did on the arm I was able reposition it a little to accommodate the sword hilt.

howlinggriffons29.JPG

howlinggriffons30.JPG

I'll need to do quite a bit of putty work on the back, but that shouldn't be too big a deal.  The backpack will cover some.

I left the body in two halves so I actually paint the thing.  I'll prolly keep the cape dark, either grey or black to avoid clashing with the armor.  Plus it will easier to cover after airbrushing if I go dark.

howlinggriffons31.JPG

• Like 2