Scotty paints Primaris Marines

So all the painting is complete. I went with gold for the eyes rather than green, I think the green clashes in this case, and "Golden Eyes" are typical descriptions for griffons in fantasy settings so it fit.   I did some chipping on the feet/lower legs but no more distressing.  Less is more in this case.  I'll get them all matte varnished then assemble them.  I can start on the bases too. 

howlinggriffons34.JPG

howlinggriffons35.JPG

howlinggriffons36.JPG

howlinggriffons37.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Right. The converted libby is all primered.  Again I used Vallejo German Red-Brown acrylic, thinned 3:1 with Flow-Aid and ran it through the airbrush. I completely covered the model as the whole thing needed a primer base. I didn't preprime with any enamel black or white this time. I'll get all the airbrushing complete before I assemble the body halves.

howlinggriffons44.JPG

• Like 4

Got the yellow on the libby.  In my ongoing effort to be as lazy as possible I eliminated a few of the yellows from the process, as they were getting redundant and not adding anything to the end result.  Any of the "light' yellows were adding a pastel almost chalky quality to the finish I didn't like. I settled on Sun yellow directly over the scrolf brown and that work well.  The yellow pictured had a tendency to clog the airbrush so it's been replaced with the Game Air version.

howlinggriffons45.JPG

howlinggriffons46.JPG

Repriming the color split by hand.  I use a chisel tip brush to make it easier. Two thin coats!

howlinggriffons47.JPG

Puttied up and ready for the booth

howlinggriffons48.JPG

I got the first resin bases painted for the previous unit.  I'll flock and snow them up for some tundra action.  I figure the cold base will contrast nicely with the warm paint scheme.

howlinggriffons49.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Time displaced progress shot for the libby.  Most of the painting done and the decal applied. Also followed a couple of video tutorials for the power sword technique.  I made it a little too dark, but that's ok I suppose. I did it in shades of grey then used the Plasma Fluid Ghost color over the greys to tint.

howlinggriffons50.JPG

howlinggriffons51.JPG

howlinggriffons52.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...