Zcaust83's escalation league thread

zcaust83

Week 1 has passed with 2 losses for the deathguard. I almost tabled the first opponent but lost on objectives and the second was pretty much the same but I just couldn't cut through the bulk of imperial guard bodies. 

The 4x4 area and small point/power level made for a particularly different experience than im used to in my other league but I like it. I will have to change the way my lists are made too which I also like. 

My 25PL for week 1 was

Great unclean one w/ his 3 nurgling swarms 

7 plague marines

2x 10 cultists with stubbers and autoguns

That was used against a really awesome tyranid army (first time fighting them in 8th) his carnafex slaughtered my cultists who were camping on objective 4 but I believe that was his last model on the table.

Second game i went with a 500 point list, 

1x 15 cultists with autoguns

1x 14 chaos (nurgle 'zerkers) w/chainswords and bolt pistols

1x daemon prince (crixus bile) 

This list performed better but did not have enough dakka to put down all those conscripts and gurdsman lol really fun game though. I like the only war mission because it can be 3 totally different objective scenarios that you roll on AFTER the objectives have been placed. Pretty neat, i ended up with 2 of the 3 making each game unique. 

Anyhow, signing off until week 2. I will try to keep this going. 

@DisruptiveConduct my thread is posted good sir.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Week 2 begins today for the Vectorium of Flaargh. I've put together a fun list based on the new strategems in the Chaos Codex. So far at my other league it's working really well so im anxious to see what happens today against some different players.

I am moving this coming weekend so my house is a mess right now and most of my hobby stuff is packed up. I was still able to put the finishing touches on my 40 man cultist squad. Im going for a "the hills have eyes" sort of theme with these guys. Like a dusty, radioactive feel. It matches the deathguard monstrosities I think. What do you think?1503246394688-1631518315.thumb.jpg.9f6e94fdbe0b41525b9d13a89fa81f08.jpg

1503246512554640445728.jpg

1503246588031-1389809763.jpg

1503246631703-1446296601.jpg

• Like 2