Stevensonmat2's Escalation League Thread

stevensonmat2

Came by the club for the first time yesterday and had an excellent time. Everyone was very welcoming, and my league game was great. 

My opponent,  Marshall, was kind enough to play down a few points to my power level, and helped get me up to speed on the rules. 

I played an all-Primaris Blood Angel army,  consisting of Hellblaster, Intercessor,  and Inceptor squads, as well as a Primaris Captain.

The Inceptors did an excellent job of shooting down a large unit of boyz,  but were ultimately chopped to bits by Marshall's Deffkoptas. In the future I will be staying far away from those.

The Intetcessors did their job, securing an objective for a couple turns and holding their own again a mob of Stormboyz, but without any HQ support or special weapons they didn't really excel.  

The Captain and the Hellblasters camped an objective the whole game while taking supercharged plasma shots  at whatever they could see. They did a nice job of supporting the Intetcessors from afar, and the re-rolls from the Captain were helpful. 

The game was close throughout with Marshall holding the lead, but I was able to secure a tie in the last round. In retrospect I think I should have put my Captain into the fray sooner; he hung in the back with Hellblasters for most of the game to fix their hits, but he really shined later in close combat. 

Overall,  it was a great game and a great introduction to the club. I'm hoping to come by next  week with a Primaris Lieutenant in the mix to help out my Intetcessors. I'll try to post some pics once he's painted up.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, stevensonmat2 said:

Not sure how to post pics here (my pics are too large to upload), but just about finished assembling and painting  my new primaris lieutenant today. If some kind soul can advise me on the picture situation I'll post one :tongue:

Are you using your phone or computer?

I drag and drop mine from a PC and they end up in the post with brackets that let me resize them.

I'll test from my phone and see how it goes.

IMG_20170820_131208.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I was trying to do it from my phone, but the drag and drop seems to work on my pc, thanks! Pics are a little big haha. Anyways here is where he is at right now. Still need to apply some wash here and there but basically done.

OTJE6TB.jpg

And later on my gf and I used the Lt. as a special objective in a modified Domination match. Blood Angels vs Death Guard - she won :angry:

kCPUBsD.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1