40k 8th Edition Escalation League - Week 3 - 750 points or 38 Power Level - The Calixis Sector Incident: The Comet

40k 8th Edition Escalation League Week 3 Mission

On a whim, I decided to give the Open War deck another shot since I enjoyed the mission so much (pillaged 2! Objectives; still tabled). The very first draw was just too good to pass up as I discussed this very Objective Mission with evil_bryan last week.

Misson 3 - The Comet.jpg

MISSION 3

The Panevrian Belt is home to vast iron asteroids and the Forge World Belacane. Among the belt, any piece of rock can be used for war! A major satellite that used to guide their Ordinatus Belacane is on a collision course with the surface of an uninhabited asteroid. Hoping to gain the technology for themselves, two rival armies await its arrival. And what better way to past the time, but with blood and death!  

Armies:

All armies shall be 750 points or 38 PL, Battleforged, must qualify for a Patrol Detachment (if you can fit more, go for it! Battalions are legit, too).

Battlefield:

Setup terrain on a 4x4. Make sure there is a variety of terrain as the Advanced Rules contain entries for craters, ruins, battlefield debris and other cool things (all of which should be in the terrain room or tubs)!

Deployment:

Divide the table into quarters. Roll off and winner chooses Deployment Zone A or B (see map above).

Find the center of the table. A 6” radius no-man’s land exists around the center for purposes of deployment.

Alternate deploying units with winner of deployment placing first. Deploy units so that they are wholly within your deployment zone and more than 9" away from any enemy models.

Objective:

At the start of the turn 3, roll off. Winner rolls another die and places an objective marker as close as possible to the center of the corresponding table quarter shown on the map.

The player that controls the objective marker at the end of turn 5 wins the battle.

Game Length:

5 turns. The player that controls the objective marker at the end of turn 5 wins the battle.

Special Rules:

Orbital Debris: Each player rolls 3 dice at the start of their turn. For each roll of 6, they may pick a different enemy unit (cannot be the same unit unless that is the only unit left) and inflict D3 mortal wounds on that unit.

***I will have copies of the mission printed out and available at the club.***

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, zcaust83 said:

Looking for an opponent today. I have from 3 to 7pm available so hopefully will get 2 games in again. 

We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in hive cities, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend the Imperium, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender....

• Like 2