So you use super thin super glue? Why not?

VonVilkee

So I've done some learning over the years and the best glue joint is the thinnest super glue layer you can get. I know thin is a real pita (pain in the ass) and far more likely to get your fingers than the model but I'm  here to tell you about a nifty tool. 

For awhile now I've been using a small puddle of glue in a paint well and wax paper to transfer it to the joint. Worked but was still tedious. I backed these things called glue loopers and they arrived this week. Changed my glueing life, think of them as detail brushes for glue, thin glue like the water (They do have thick versions as well but that stuff wasn't as tricky).

Just have a lighter handy like it says in the instructions and use it regularly. Such amazing results just had to share for any one using water viscosity glues. 

http://www.creativedynamicllc.com/the-glue-looper.html

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

It worked amazing for my "same stuff" plastic glue from micro mark. I've been using this stuff for years as well under various names proweld, tanex10 or something. I used to have issues with too much glue causing oozing out of the joint as a squeezed it into place. The glue Looper really does deliver just the right amount of glue and for the super glue burning dried stuff off it is fun!

9 minutes ago, andy said:

That's an auto-buy. 👍👍

I realized some of the artificier forge guys might not watch the kickstarter stuff while I was using them. 

As they are reusable it is a bit of a one time purchase but such a great product. I'm thinking of stocking up they are a bit fragile so a drop will need replacement... they come with four of each size in the package... just use that lighter and they will be great for a long time. 

Building is even more fun now!

• Like 1