Team Yankee - Brits

Atules

Sooo, I picked up Iron Maiden and trying to figure out what is a good starter list. I'm trying to avoid painting infantry because I haaaate it. If I create a Recce list with no infantry will that be really tough to be somewhat competitive? I've been hearing that having infantry helps with holding on to objectives.

I would say you need at least some infantry. Tanks cannot assault into buildings. So not having infantry could make it impossible to take objectives. The british have the absolute best infantry, bets morale best assault etc, they can have air mobile units and platoons of amazing Anti tank. Why not do what you love and let someone else do the part you do not like? Makes for a great army.

Another reason for Infantry is to protect the flanks of your Main Battle Tanks.  I run West German Mech Infantry with some  Leo2s. The Leo2s are hard to crack through front armor so my opponents learned to rush up and get side shots, so now I place infantry platoons to the sides to make it harder for them to do that.  The Marder infantry fighting vehicles, I have them run all over the battlefield chasing Helicopters & Zsu 23-4 and other light skinned vehicles because its fun.

On 9/16/2017 at 11:49 AM, Atules said:

Cool cool, i think the mobile infantry would be pretty fun too. How many points do you guys people play?

varies.

We were running 80-100, but now with quick missions - http://team-yankee.com/Portals/0/Documents/TeamYankee/Quickmissions.pdf - we can run less.

Forces with Leo2's and M1 Abrams don't do well at low points, tho.

10 hours ago, ZEKE said:

Another reason for Infantry is to protect the flanks of your Main Battle Tanks.  I run West German Mech Infantry with some  Leo2s. The Leo2s are hard to crack through front armor so my opponents learned to rush up and get side shots, so now I place infantry platoons to the sides to make it harder for them to do that.  The Marder infantry fighting vehicles, I have them run all over the battlefield chasing Helicopters & Zsu 23-4 and other light skinned vehicles because its fun.

... or just run up ten T72s and pray for the dice gods to smile upon you... worked that time for me... :D