Jump to content
Koyote

SAGA New Edition (2018)

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, jesselowe said:

The usual group is about 4-6 guys, and we try to meet once a month (it's all older guys with jobs and families). The next one is probably going to be Sunday the 25th, though it might end up being the 24th.

where do you meet to play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2018 at 8:18 AM, Koyote said:

Footsore Miniatures and Gripping Beast sell the best miniatures for this period. 

If you had a choice between Gripping Beast and Footsore which would you choose? Also it appears that both manufacturers have army bundles. Any reason to not look at these?

On another note, I ordered my books - Saga Rulebook v2, Viking Supplement, and Aetius & Arthur book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Norrad said:

If you had a choice between Gripping Beast and Footsore which would you choose? Also it appears that both manufacturers have army bundles. Any reason to not look at these?

On another note, I ordered my books - Saga Rulebook v2, Viking Supplement, and Aetius & Arthur book.

Most of Gripping Beast's sculpts are a bit dated and they offer fewer poses than Footsore.  With that said, their newer stuff is much better in quality and variety of poses.

Given the choice, I'd go with Footsore.  If you do go with Footsore, don't buy their wire spears.  They are very skinny.  Almost like sewing needles.  Instead, buy your wire spears from Gripping Beast.

https://www.grippingbeast.co.uk/SC57_Wire_Spears_20--product--4216.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my the 2.0 rulebook plus Aetius and Arthur supplement yesterday. I’ve only had a chance to skim the rules but I’m a bit disappointed at this point. I realize that Aetius and Arthur required the main rule book or Crescent and Cross to use it but it appears that you have to have Crescent and cross for the cavalry rules. Is there any way to get the cavalry rules without buying another book?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Norrad, you don't need the C&C rulebook.  The rules for mounted troops can be found on page 39 of the SAGA 2.0 rulebook. 

C&C served as the core rulebook when A&A was published.  As such, when A&A refers to a 'core' rule, like mounted models, it references a page number in the C&C book.  If you want to play SAGA 2.0, you simply disregard the C&C references and instead look for the corresponding rule in the SAGA 2.0 book. 

If you want to play SAGA 1.0, you should buy C&C. 

C&C 2.0 will most likely be the next new source book.  They are going to expand it to include 12+ factions.  Like the newly released Viking Age book, it won't include core rules.  Any references to core rules in all future source books will direct one to the page number in the new SAGA 2.0 rulebook.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Koyote said:

Norrad, you don't need the C&C rulebook.  The rules for mounted troops can be found on page 39 of the SAGA 2.0 rulebook. 

 

Ahh, I missed that when I was skimming. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2018 at 7:24 AM, jesselowe said:

The usual group is about 4-6 guys, and we try to meet once a month (it's all older guys with jobs and families). The next one is probably going to be Sunday the 25th, though it might end up being the 24th.

When do you think the next Saga day will be? Saturday the 24th or Sunday the 25th? What times do you normally gather? I’m looking forward to seeing some games played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Norrad said:

When do you think the next Saga day will be? Saturday the 24th or Sunday the 25th? What times do you normally gather? I’m looking forward to seeing some games played. 

It'll be this Sunday the 25th from 1-5, at the back of Critical Sip in Guardian Games. We usually gather once a month, on one of the last two weekends of the month, but the exact day is on a month-by-month basis. I'm not sure I'll be able to make it this month, but Gabe and a couple other guys should be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×