Help for Puerto Rico

scotthartman

Hi friends,
I hope this is ok to post, if not then please let me know. Iam writing with a simple request of you to help our family, friends and neighbors in Puerto Rico. My wife, Denice's immediate family is thankfully safe and unharmed from the recent hurricanes in PR, they are without power indefinitely and supplies are scarce all around the island. Denice will be flying to PR this coming weekend to spend time with her mom, Lucy, and her cousins. While there she will be delivering much needed supplies to them as well as to patients and staff at the hospital where Lucy works. With logistics of getting items to the island being in disarray we think this is the easiest means to directly help:

Purchase any of the items on this shopping list and ship them to our home where we will repack them and take on the flight to PR. We will need to receive anything purchased by Thursday of this week (OCT. 5) in order to take them this weekend. All of the items we selected are in stock and Prime available for quick shipping. Alternatively, if you buy something locally then I can meet people around town this week or at game night tomorrow to pick it up.

Another option is to send money which we can deliver directly to the people who need it to rebuild. We know of several families whose homes and belongings have been destroyed and they need just about everything to get back to normal. If possible please send a check to our house at, 
Scott Hartman
17414 NE Cole Witter Rd
Battle Ground, WA 98604
Again, I am happy to meet people if you want to give cash. Everything we receive by Thursday this week Denice will take to PR.

Finally, if you want to help but this week isn't good or you have questions, whatever the reason, please do help. There are several charities doing great work there and they will need continued help for the foreseeable future. These are some that we think would do the best to help:
https://www.globalgiving.org/jetblue/  (Jetblue is matching donations up to $500,000)

We hope that you can help us to help our family and friends. The people of Puerto Rico are in serious need. Now is the time to help, however you can.
Best Regards,
Scott Hartman and Denice Perez Lopez (and Murphy)
  • Like 2