RCDD Pass-In-Review 2017 - Social Event - 30 DEC - DRAFT - need input - RSVP

barca

RCDD Pass-In-Review 2017.

Suggested for Saturday, December 30, 2017, from 12 to 5 PM.

The Rose City Dukes and Duchesses gamers gather between Xmas and New Years to socialize, tell "war stories" (and other stuff), eat, drink and jabber about the past year and the coming year.

1. WHO:

The RCDD (short for "Rose City Dukes and Duchesses Flames of War Ranger Group) is an informal club (we have no charter, dues, nor membership fees), based in the greater Portland metro area and NW Oregon.  As such, we do not have a fixed membership. Anyone who has gamed with us for Flames of War, Team Yankee or TANKS! in 2017 is potentially a "member" of RCDD. This extends to our friends in Southern Washington and the rest of Oregon. If this is you, then you are cordially invited to vote on and attend this event - "RCDD Pass-In-Review 2017."

2. FOOD: I suggest the food to be:

2.a. Potluck (bring more than a single serving, this is a SOCIAL event, y'know), or

2.b. Catered/deilvered pizza. For this choice, barca says "expect to contribute $5-15 cash, depending on appetites and sourcing," or

2.c. If in a store, then bring your own and/or purchase in store, depending on location. If in a restaurant, obviously no bringing your own. In this case "Dutch treat", or pay-your-own-way.

3. LOCATIONS:

Free Space at GG (Guardian Games):

3.a. GG - General Gaming: Seats groups of 2-20 (space allowing).  No charge.  All ages. Likely to be VERY noisy. NO alcohol, BYOB (non-alcoholic). NOT recommended for a social gathering.

3.b. GG - The Critical Sip: Seats 2-12 (space allowing).  No charge.  21+ only. Likely to be MODERATELY to VERY noisy. Has Alcohol, NO outside drinks. If we reserve this, barca says "you should buy at least some of your beverages and/or food from GG."

Rented space at GG:

3.c. GG - The Big Dungeon Room: It seats 6-8 for rpg’s. 6 max for board gaming. It’s $5 an hour. $25 for the day. (barca says "$5 per person, depending on RSVP's")

3.d. GG - The Level Up-Extra Life Room: It seats 12-16 for board gaming etc. 21+ only. It’s $10 an hour. $50 for the day. (barca says "$5-10 per person, depending on RSVP's")

Notes on beverages at GG:

There is alcohol service available everywhere but General Gaming. The Dungeon Rooms can only have alcohol if all folks present are 21+. The Level Ups are 21+ at all times. The Critical Sip is 21+ at all times. When alcohol is being served, no outside drinks or beverages are allowed. This includes water, juice, soda, beer, etc. All drinks must be purchased from Guardian Games. This rule does not apply to our all ages areas, nor when a group does not imbibe at The Dungeon Rooms.

OCGG (Oregon City Geeks and Games):

3.e. Rent/Reserve a large table at OCGG (checking on this) ...

OTHER LOC:

3.f. Some inexpensive food place where we can talk, drink and eat. For this choice, we need suggestions, but the place should take reservations and yet not be expensive.

4. WHAT TO WEAR?

Dressing in military gear is an option (in the game store locations), but not required.

If you do so, then please, no politically themed militaria, and no ammo, no weapons nor weapons containers (holsters, scabbards, etc.), fake or otherwise.

5. DATE AND TIME. I chose the time most likely to get the most people together. If you have a different suggestion, make one and get votes.

6. NAME of the event. If someone has a better idea, suggest a name. We might make this an annual event if it is popular.

7. ENTERTAINMENT: If someone wants to suggest and contribute to entertainment other than jibber-jabber, then make a suggestion, and commit to making it happen (e.g., show a movie,  military Karaoke, military or history-themed trivia game, etc.).

8. RSVP: If you do not plan to attend, then please do not vote, but do indicate that you are not going so I do not email-spam you.

FROM YOU: Please vote or comment on #1-8, above NLT 11 November, 2017

If you are voting for catered/delivered pizza, then suggest a source that delivers to East Portland, or Oregon City.

Rented rooms will require a small fee from attendees.

Re-votes: we might have more than one round of voting if there is not a clear consensus.

WE WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN: If you intend to consume alcohol, please plan ahead to have a SAFE return trip home.

• 4 weeks later...

1.    I can extend the invite to a few of the regulars I've been gaming with at OCGG.

2.   Ordering Pizza seems like the easiest option, peeps may be sick of cooking dishes after the holidays.

3.   I like the idea of renting the upstairs area above critical sip.

4.  So...No on the speedos and rain boots ?

5.   your dec 30th option sounds excellent

6. "Xmas in the Trenches" ??

7. I cant think of anything specific

8. Heck ya count me in

17 hours ago, ZEKE said:

1.    I can extend the invite to a few of the regulars I've been gaming with at OCGG.

2.   Ordering Pizza seems like the easiest option, peeps may be sick of cooking dishes after the holidays.

3.   I like the idea of renting the upstairs area above critical sip.

4.  So...No on the speedos and rain boots ?

5.   your dec 30th option sounds excellent

6. "Xmas in the Trenches" ??

7. I cant think of anything specific

8. Heck ya count me in

Thx 4 the input.

Copied this over to the current thread: http://www.ordofanaticus.com/topic/209166-rcdd-pass-in-review-2017-sat-30-dec-2017-official-thread/

Plz used the current thread.

This thread is now obsolete.