10/21 10AM - 3PM Ordo Fanaticus October Terrain Day Extravaganza!!

DisruptiveConduct

Come one and come all! Bring your friends, yourself, and anyone else who is interested in making some terrain.

This workshop will be the first terrain day we have put on in awhile and I want to make sure to keep it open and inviting to people of all skill levels and interest levels. It is open to the public and everyone is encouraged to participate. So please join us! It can be a ton of fun and educational.

We will have four main agendas on this day:

-Turn blue foam sheets into terrain including foam cutting, texturing, priming, painting.

-Build and paint MDF terrain made by Jeffrey, including assembly, matting first, then priming and painting

-Assemble more ruins for more Line of Sight blocking terrain for 40k including: assembling, attaching to MDF base, priming, and painting

-Touch up and fix existing abused terrain

There is no charge for attending. Please post up here if you have interest in attending or would like to contribute.

I have it on good faith that the Mr. Miyagi of Hobby (as I call him) - evil_bryan - will be in attendance to work the hot foam cutting machine, eat bacon, and impart his wisdom.

Open Gaming will follow the terrain workshop. Please use this thread to setup games of your choosing (40k, Infinity, whatevs!).

We look forward to seeing you there. For the Good of the Order!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, boy! What a day!

So much fun on terrain days. Where to begin?

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who came out yesterday during our first real storm of the season to put in some good time with us at the club.

@Burk@evil_bryan@Raindog@happycamper

@TheBeninator@ninefinger@ROGRE@Donnie

@peter.cosgrove

Thank you guys!

We were able to make some terrific progress on our terrain stocks.

Blustorm, Raindog, Donnie, and Pete did a big number on repairing our existing terrain. We have so much awesome stuff we use for OFCC and other tournaments, we want to keep it looking good. Here's a shot of Blustorm grinding it out while taking in the sounds of Army of Darkness.

IMG_20171021_113548.jpg

On this day, I worked my dark magic and summoned evil_bryan using the power of Bag of Bacon. Bryan was working the hot foam knife building so much needed bunkers that will work as great LoS blockers for the new edition of 40k.

IMG_20171021_111844.jpg

IMG_20171021_111835.jpg

Jeffrey, Burk, Chad, and Ben worked tirelessly to assemble, matte coat, and prime some new MDF terrain hot off the laser cutter.

IMG_20171021_112431.jpg

IMG_20171021_112442.jpg

There was even some new faces in the club as we were joined by Winston!

IMG_20171021_124547.jpg

And to top it all off, Ben brought his Xwing and showed Donnie and I how much fun a co-op game against Xwing AI can be.

IMG_20171021_184334.jpg

What a great day! You know it was good because we were all so tired afterwards.

IMG_20171021_171142.jpg

I look forward to doing it again. Keep an eye out for the next date to be posted soon.

• Like 4