chaos question regarding slaves of darkness marks

Trying to makes heads of tails of this one. If a model has the option to have a KEYWORD when they are set up on the battlefield, do they count as having that same KEYWORD for army alliegence ally purposes?

For example, If my army has the Khorne Alliegence, and I take a Slaves of Darkness Chaos Warriors unit. They can, as they are set up, be giving the Khorne keyword. Prior to use setting up, they don't have the Khorne keyword. Do they count as part of the points for the Khorne alliegence army, or are they considered an allied unit?

"Making a list" is the same in my head as deployment in NuHammer, for that reason. 

That is to say, a CSM squad written on a piece of paper doesn't mean crap. It isn't until the squad is deployed to the table or reserves that it actively becomes a part for the game that you are playing and the need to assign Keywords happens. 

So, that is to say, if it is like 40k, then they are Khorne Alliance or whatevs.

45 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

"Making a list" is the same in my head as deployment in NuHammer, for that reason. 

That is to say, a CSM squad written on a piece of paper doesn't mean crap. It isn't until the squad is deployed to the table or reserves that it actively becomes a part for the game that you are playing and the need to assign Keywords happens. 

So, that is to say, if it is like 40k, then they are Khorne Alliance or whatevs.

Just for clarity, you are talking about AoS, not 40k, right? This one is an AoS question. The issue is in how the ability is worded. Unlike the 40k one, which is very clear, the AoS has the choice of mark determined specifically at deployment for Slaves of Darkness units. And there are distinct advantages in being able to switch marks during deployment when against certain enemies (since you don't usually know your opponent during list creation), so this one could certainly go either way in terms of their intentions. 

In particular, Most of Pestilen Skaven weapons are significantly better against enemies without the Mark of Nurgle. And they often deal neglible damage to opponents with the mark of nurgle. So the intention could certainly be a flexible mark determined during deployment.

But the flip side here, is that it means that my Khorne Bloodbound wouldn't be able to include Slaves of Darkness without paying for them as allies. 

As it relates to me, my question is mostly if I should field my Chaos Warriors modelled with Dual Axes as Chaos Warriors with paired Hand Weapons or as Blood Warriors with paired Goreaxes. The models are Chaos Warriors, so if both can be fielded in the same army without using allies, I feel I should field them as the kit they come as. 

But then this question leads to others, and so I asked it more genarically, since there are other Slaves of Darkness models I'd love to include within my Khorne Bloodbound. 

I will note that much of the issue is created because there isn't a "khorne bloodbound" keyword on all the models from that book. They just all have the Khorne Alliegence. 

Hmm..looks like the mark of chaos is part of list creation for GW warscoll builder. I suppose that's enough to confirm what IK said. Really wish it was as clear as the 40k rules, but that works.