40k 8th Edition Escalation League Wrap Up, Awards, and Props

First things first. I want to say a big "Thank you" to all of you who participated in the league. It is always my pleasure to host leagues at Ordo and you guys make all the difference. I want to thank the club for allowing us to get in games night after night and have such a great environment to play in.

We went 7 weeks solid with great attendance, a huge array of armies, and new faces throughout. I'm please to say my Genestealer Cult saw the table and had some stupendous games.

So without further delay, I would like to say a big congrats to our League Winner - Chad (@happycamper) - with his Primaris Salamanders!! Chad is a fairly new member to the club, a newly appointed Senator AND is new to 40k. He claims "I just like to paint the models" while his army is handing out death from the business end of a bolter. He definitely brought the total package of Sportsmanship, Building, Painting, and Playing. You should check out the progress made on this army throughout the league. The main color for his marines is a great deep orange that I dont really mind.

Chad will be the lucky winner of the first ever Ordo After Dark Apocalyptic Pizza Party. Chad, his invites, and league participants will be enjoying a night of fun and battle at the club on a soon to be determined evening. It will be a ton of fun and a great way to celebrate!

Along with that, I'll be designing a custom forum tag to show Chad's status as reigning 40k Escalation League Champion until the next league comes around.

I would like to go on to say a few words about the league participants. The league offered one point per week for a post on the forums about their experience or showing their building/painting progress. I invite everyone to click through to these threads as some great work is contained within.

@Nathanvoodoo

Nate started the league playing IG only as a stop gap measure until he had enough Tyranids painted up. It brings me great joy to see other hive mind brothers out there and tried to encourage his expansion as much as possible. Check out the crazy fast progress and excellent paint jobs!

@evil_bryan

Bryan wanted a new army and he certainly found a good one. I was on the receiving end of his new Ravenguard force and it is a bunch of fun. Check out all the new forces in his thread. The strategems are can stack up to be quite the combo!

@Atomic

Necrons and Orks. Marshall jumped right in to the new edition with some fun armies and recounts his games. The evil robits prove to be a tough nut to crack in this edition.

@ninefinger

Jeffrey started strong with some new Deathwatch and Inquisitor models to build a new army. He has since moved on to some more terrain oriented projects but he still showed up with his Orks and had a good time.

@zcaust83

Chris brought the filth with his Nurgle Deathguard. So many zombies, so impossible to kill them all. Lots of cool models throughout this army.

@peter.cosgrove

Even Pete got into the posting on the forums for the league. Check out his detailed write up of the new Chaos Marine units.

DisruptiveConduct

I started somewhat strong on this thread and ended up not even finishing my awesome Rockgrinder. Soon!!

@Chikin

As I said before, I am always happy to see another Tyranid player in the club. Trevor's Tyranid's did pretty well and I definitely could not stand up against them for a full 5 turns.

@Josiah

Josiah's Space Marines rocked the house pretty much every week. I have yet to get in a game against them but there is definitely a good chance it will happen soon.

@stevensonmat2

Matt S was a new face to the club. He came in and had a good time and we hope to see him again throwing down his Blood Angels. I love how the picture of my cat is what is showing for his thread!

@Sugarlessllama

Will's Primaris Ultramarines were no joke. They represented for the Emperor and brought his glory to the tables. Will is welcome to throw down with me any time, any day!

@andozane

This league brought out some of the veterans of the long wars including our very own Mike. He came out with his Grey Knights a few times and had a good time.

@Dark Trainer

Matt's big blocks of evil robits proved way hard to move off objectives. I hope to get another chance to take down some souless metal puppets.

And finally: The club

Always a great time at the club. Even when it is hotter than all get out inside. The people and the place go a long way to making for great gaming. Here's to the many more years of gaming to come!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...