6 week "tourney"

InfestedKerrigan

8 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Games will feature 2,000 point lists, no more. Lists are open to include Forgeworld models, but models over 31 power are not allowed (ITC rules). .

This ITC cap on 31+ power units, where is it found? I can't find it on the ITC site, and it certainly matters for my future purchases. 

Regarding factions, ITC defines the army's faction as the most specific faction keyword shared by all models in the main detachment (main being the most expensive detachment). So if the main detachment is all ultramarines, then your faction is ultramarines.

If, instead, your main detachment shares only the Chaos faction keyword, then your faction is chaos. The challenge here is, I'm told anyway, that the chapter tactics are surpressed if the the detachment isn't entirely of a given chapter. 

3 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

He wants no allies. Specifies Sisters and Imp Guard as an exmple of what not to do.

That's fine. I'm bringing 4 Imperial Knights to the table today.

Okay, so he's amending the ITC rules. Got it. Good luck with those knights. 

8 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

No superfriends, single faction....

Asking them about this one. I think it is to prevent Imperial soup, but the result is CSM can't take Daemons; Skitarii don't have an HQ and largely become an invalid choice; same with Custodes and Sisters of Silence; screws with AstraMil, too, with soo many subfactions.

Skitarii and Cult Mechanicus got consolidated into a single Adeptus Mechanicus Faction, so they should actually be OK. Astra Militarum, similarly, all the sub-factions have the Astra Militarum Keyword as well as their sub-faction Keyword. Custodes and SoS are out of luck, tho, since they don't match any Keywords with anything else other than Imperium.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

That would be my argument for World Eaters taking Khornate Daemons. 

For ITC, they specifically call out Khorne Daemonkin as being part of the Chaos Faction for statistical purposes. Though I can see a strong arguement for calling them the Khorne Faction.

3 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Oh, and tabled the Eldar with over half my total wounds remaining.

9 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

29 to 8 :yourock:

Doesn't really sound like a balanced game...

I'd like to hear how much healing played into the ending wound count. Did you actually bring mechanicus or just the Questoris? Being limited to effectively reroll stratagem seems limiting. Cuz there are two solid ways of taking down knights anti armor weapons, or mortal wounds. I would expect eldar to have a good amount of both. 

Report good man report! As far as unbalanced Leman Russ tank companies could be a thing and they are obsec!

Dude, stop reading to much into this. :) He has six months total 40k experience. And he's getting alot if information from me. Which is why he even knows what "Superfriends" is. Or Leaf blower, flying demon circus, necron air, Demi company, trip knights, nidzilla, lash princes, Draigo wing. Man... I've had alot of army's...

Anyways he has heard of the terror that was inflicted by the OP lists of 6&7th and doesn't quite know how to word rules to rule things like that out.

I will double check on things, but if you have an army you wanna bring, like renegade knights and demons, then go right ahead.

And from what I hear, ITC no longer has the "no PL 31+" rule so bring your greater brass scorpions, greater demons etc.