6 week "tourney"

InfestedKerrigan

7 hours ago, paxmiles said:

So one thing to keep in mind with the Kytan or the Lord of Skulls is that they can use the Daemonforge Stratagem for 1 CP (CSM daemon vehicles, of which both qualify). That Stratagem allows rerolls to hit and wound for all attacks in a single fight or shooting phase. Should help issues with scarab swarms. Doesn't help with low damage rolls...

Beyond that, Diabolic Strength (CSM Psychic Power) adds +1 attack characteristic, which in turn, becomes 3 more attacks with Slash. Skarbrand could also add a further +1 attack (which is another +3 attacks with Slash). 

Pax for the damage stuff using the command reroll in there too could result in more dead scarabs just use it against the last damage applied to try and crush one. Damage should be rolled one at a time and applied immediately to know which ones die in what order

That's why I don't play rough in pickup games when I bring my knights. Casual players who don't know what to do against knights cuz they don't tend to play against them. Today's game was a bit challenging, but since she was in effect running a glass cannon elite list, took out the corner stones and watched it crumble.

• Like 1

Well IK won his game and I also had a game on the other side of the valley.

Him, Blood Angels with Dante, double stormraven, death company, some troops.

Me, 5 demon princes, zombies and cultists and McPillowfist again. Now I know I said I hated him last week but I figured I would give him one more shot.

Me, turn one. Move everything forward, warptime the kyhtan, charge his Baal pred and troops. Well I hit a bunch, but failed to wound... Good job kyhtan. Smite a stormraven off the table.

His turn one, he disengages the kyhtan, shoots him and kills him. Kills a bunch of zombies after deepstrikes and good charges. 

My turn two, smite and shuffle zombies forward. Respawn cultists.

His turn two, kills cultist and zombies. That's about it.

My turn three, smite and charge his army, remove it from play, he concedes.

Zombies win!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

I conceded at the start of the Bottom of turn two. He brought

Morty

Greater Brass Scorpion 

Fellblade

Necrosis 

Poxwalkers

What was the issue? Only 5 targets, and your sporting similar monsters. Not critizing, just curious.

I am amazed that he could fit all that in 2k. By my Count:

Greater Brass Scorpion 625pts

Hellforged Fellblade (1 Twin Heavy Bolter, 2 Laser Destroyer, these are the cheapest options) 520+17+120=697pts

Necrosis 120pts

which leaves 558pts for morty and poxwalkers. No clue how much morty costs, and that fellblade is very likely more expensive.

EDIT: Weird bit with the list is that the Greater Brass Scorpion can't be Deathguard (Mark of Khorne), so I'm curious how he did the detachments. Is morty an HQ, perhaps? Been thinking he was a LoW, but list makes more sense if pox walkers+necrosis+morty are a patroll/brigade, and then he's got two super heavy detachments

18 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

He went first, killed 1 and a half knights.

My turn, took down fellblade to half wounds, failed 5" charge with snake eyes, CP reroll, still snake eyes. 

His turn took out 1 and a half Knights.

I conceded beginning of mine.

That sucks. Well, certainly don't blame you for conceding under those conditions. Mostly wondering which unit was the bigger threat. I'm assuming the fellblade, though none are soft targets.

21 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

I face him again for semi finals, like Spork said. I'm not sure what I can really do different with the resources I have.

Are you doing a repeat match, too, B?

Spork! Gangdambit! Why didn't I see that when I chose that name!

But yes a repeat of last week. Probably going to do a best of three, just to eliminate random bad dice. And he has a table at his house so we can do the first game there. 

I don't see it going different though, as he has nothing I'm scared of. Your knights are slightly scary as I can only kill one a turn.

Edit: I guess I can play a similar list with Porphyion, GBS and Morty? I don't own a fellblade and the Prop is like 200+ points more so no zombies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaceork said:

Spork! Gangdambit! Why didn't I see that when I chose that name!

I like spork too. Could ask a mod, if you want to change. Probably a bit of a hastle, but if you ask nicely and don't do it often, it can probably be done. 

8 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

I like spork too. Could ask a mod, if you want to change. Probably a bit of a hastle, but if you ask nicely and don't do it often, it can probably be done. 

Ha! No it's fine. I had a work email that was my first name, first letter of my last name. Last three letters if my first name, Don. First letter of my last name, G. :/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaceork said:

But yes a repeat of last week. Probably going to do a best of three, just to eliminate random bad dice. And he has a table at his house so we can do the first game there. 

I don't see it going different though, as he has nothing I'm scared of. Your knights are slightly scary as I can only kill one a turn.

Edit: I guess I can play a similar list with Porphyion, GBS and Morty? I don't own a fellblade and the Prop is like 200+ points more so no zombies.

Bane Blades, or one of the Variants, would be very similar to the fellblade (though porbably cheaper). Could get a chaos version via those FW renegade rules.

3 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Bane Blades, or one of the Variants, would be very similar to the fellblade (though porbably cheaper). Could get a chaos version via those FW renegade rules.

True, buy a prophyrian knight can kill two knights a turn with hot rolls.

But I'll stick with respawning cultists, zombies and excessive amounts of demon princes/malific lords. Maybe a Alpha Legion slaanesh havoc squad with meltas that'll deepstrike and double-tap.