ITC rules

Trying to verify my understanding of the ITC changes/limits to the game.

My understand is that they are battleforged armies (which mean they use detachments). The ITC limits players to 3 detachments, totalling a maximum of 2000pts. They use the GW/FW FAQs. There are Mission and Terrain specific rules. They also use the Boots on the Ground (Battlefield role Flyers can't control objectives) and the Objective Secured (Battlefield Role Troops are better at controlling objectives) rules as presented on the warhammer community page. The Re-roll stratagem is also unable to re-roll the game end die for variable game length missions. 

Are there any others?

30 minutes ago, WestRider said:

I think they might have removed the restriction on PL31+ Units, because I can't find it anymore.

I can't find it either, but IK mentioned it, so I wanted to doublecheck.

That Khorne Lord of Skulls is really cheap this edition (cheapest weapons, he can be fielded for 621pts), so could actually field 3 of them in 2k list. That said, I don't really think it's that amazing of a unit, and probably not worth the cash, but I like having the option. That said, he's 39 power level (and I think the renegade knights are probably better, despite being "only" power level 23). 

By cheap, I mean cheap as opposed to the 888pts+weapons he used to be.

14 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Renegade Knights are awesome. You can do "mortis" pattern with them.  Loyalists can't double down like that. 

Yeah, I'm tempted, but it also means buying two kits to outfit a single knight. 

I was tinkering around with the idea of Renegade Knight (2x Thermal Cannons, Meltagun) 489pts. Sort of an F+U to opponents that bring imperial knights and other titans...But spending $280 just to get the weapons to make one knight, and then also having to convert one of the arms because GW didn't make a real kit for this.

That Lord of Skulls is also part of the CSM faction and has the <legion> keyword, so he can take chapter tactics and use the legion, CSM, and Khorne stratagems...Some fun options here with a Lord of Skulls "Knight" army.

Anyway, I'm presently waiting on some ordered FW indexes to arrive before I decide on LoW purchases for the future.

2 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

First of all, why the fock would you buy only one?

Lastly, Magnets.

Okay, so let's say I want to field 3 of them, all with dual themal cannons....Now I need to purchase 6 of them. Sure, if I want different weapons, getting two is an option, but one of the really cool things about a renegade version is that we could spam a single weapon. And, sure magnets, but that doesn't solve my desire for duplicate weapons, just increases the options for a mix of weapons.

I was thinking I might be able to arrange a trade with another Knight player for the weapons I need/want, rather than buying extra knights for certain weapon options.  

Anyway, why I would buy only one would be an issue of cash. I doubt I'll buy three at the same time. Even getting two at the same time makes me consider buying something FW instead.

11 minutes ago, WestRider said:

You should be able to buy just one or another of the guns from various bitz sellers online. Or, for one of the best options, the dual Avenger Gatling Cannon, you can use ForgeFiend parts, since their Hades Autocannon are almost exactly the same size.

And the most expensive option. Each Gatling Cannon is 95pt and they must include a 17pt heavy flamer, making each arm +112pts. That's more expensive than the Dual Rapid fire Battle Cannons at 100pts with a Built in Heavy Stubber for 4pts, making each arm +104pts.

Meanwhile the Themal Cannon doesn't have to buy built in weapons, so is a meager +76pts per arm.

The cheapest option, of course, would be to not include dual ranged weapons, and feature one of those cheap melee weapons (30-35pts each arm)....

Anyway, I'm on the fence with knights in general. The lord of skulls doesn't appeal much either, but I'm still tempted to get one. I do think a battle between a knight player and CSM player with 3 lords of skulls would make for an entertaining match. Knights would probably win, but it would depend greatly on the loadouts. 

19 minutes ago, WestRider said:

Yeah, it does work out that way. But when I've run them, I've felt that I got what I paid for them. That is subjective, tho. I like the consistency of a guaranteed 24 shots per Turn over the higher S/Damage, but lower average (and far, far lower minimum) number of shots that the others get.

I get it. Just thinking mainly that I don't really need a titan to dish out mass fire at 36" of range. 5 havocs with 4 autocannons is 145pts for 8 shots. 3 units of those and I'm only at 435pts. 24 shots. Weapons aren't exactly the same, but I think they are a fair match up. I don't think havocs are nearly as awesome as a knight titan, but for volume fire I think it shows my point. I'd rather have a titan that wrecks other titans or does something that the rest of my list can't do. But, that's why I'm on the fence regarding adding a knight to the list.

That Lord of Skulls mostly appeals for list synergy, not because I think he's very impressive.

Really looking forward to those FW indexes coming in the mail...

On October 15, 2017 at 11:44 AM, WestRider said:

I think they might have removed the restriction on PL31+ Units, because I can't find it anymore.

Got the CSM codex, and in it, the Lord of Skulls is now Power Level 29, so I was worried for nothing. He's now 100pts cheaper, too....