Speculating Ork Klan stuff

fluger

I'm seriously so pumped for codes Orks.

Been fanboing about Klan abilities and such.

Here's my ideas:

Blood Axe: infantry get a 5" scout style move at the beginning of the game.

Evil Sunz: can embark after melee, every vehicle slightly faster, maybe 1 or 2 inches.

Goffs .  Re roll 1s in melee

Bad Moon:  extra range on guns. 

Deathskullz:  6+ invul

Snakebites:  bonus to grits, maybe t3?  

Other ideas?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, VonVilkee said:

Okay more fanboy...

I want a strategem "The big red button" makes something go really fast like a vehicle gets to advance and charge with extra movement and gives extra attacks... I don't want extra round of combat for boyz they are good enough but I want some extra hurt with the vehicles!

The extra movement for vehicles seems like a legit clan specific stratgem.

Goffs: +1 Attack and/or Strength on the Charge.
Bad Moonz: Re-rolls somewhere, maybe Salamanders style. Warlord Trait lets you take an extra Relic.
Blood Axes: Double bonus to Cover, maybe? Stratagem to "Infiltrate" and/or "Outflank".
Evil Sunz: Extra movement for Bikes and Vehicles. Stratagem to Disembark after the Vehicle finishes its Move.
Snakebites: 6+ "FNP" or re-roll 1s to Wound in Fight Phase. Weirdboyz get +1 on Psychic Tests.
Deffskullz: Re-roll 1s to Hit in the Shooting Phase. Stratagem to improve their Sv or the Strength of their Weapons after destroying an Enemy Unit in CC.

• Like 2

I haven't even got the Index: Xenos in order to do 'Roight Proppa Orkzesez' once the Codex comes out.

However, given the lack of "Marine HQ on Bike' and other conversion-centric entries missing from the actual released Codexes so far, I might have to rethink that particular strateegery...

On the other hand, I've still got that tote with three and a half (only partially built the one whose arms ended in a Mega Deathrolla) kitbashed Stompas from before the official kit came out, and am looking forward to spreading spores wherever i Waaagh soon.

But given the decade between the 3rd Ed Ork Codex and their next official release, I'm not exactly holding my breath for when it'll come out.

I'll keep building Rogue Trader Rhinos into Repressors for my Sisters and kitbashing Age of Sigmar Stormfallen into Grey Knights/Thunder Warriors (hey, the iconography works, alright....) until then.

15 minutes ago, Frowbakk said:

But given the decade between the 3rd Ed Ork Codex and their next official release, I'm not exactly holding my breath for when it'll come out.

True, but that Third ed codex was awesome (and so much more fun to make models for than any later books). And they had those looted infantry and vehicle rules that kept them closer to up to date even if their book was outdated. Additionally, they did add klan rules in a white dwarf/chapter approved update.

I know it won't happen, but I really want to see 3rd ed lootas and looted wagons come back to 40k. 

For those that don't know, the Lootas were ork boyz that could take upgrade options from a SM infantry unit or IG (now AM) infantry unit. So you could have orks with sniper rifles or missile launchers from scout marines, and so forth.

Looted vehicles in 3rd allowed you to take a SM or IG vehicle, reduce it's BS to 2, and treat it as an Ork vehicle in all other respects. I used to run meganobz in a Looted Land Raider and it was awesome. Same points as the higher BS version, but it was still awesome. 

Both were 0-1 units, unless you had a certain klan in the later released white dwarf/chapter approved. 

Could even break Ork units into "castes". Boyz can shoot into Grot melee, Nobz can shoot into Boyz and Grots in melee. Gives awesome gameplay options while keeping Ork fluff.

In old Fantasy, wasn't there a mechanic where higher castes ignored lower castes breaking because Hur Hur Hur, I new dem weedy gits waz gunna run.

• Like 3

I recall Skaven had a rule like that with Skavenslaves,which I used to good effect around the time everyone else was Great Horned Rat and Plague Monk obsessed.

I also miss the Looted Vehicle rules, but keep the theme going with a Looted Wagon made from a Rhino (and wooden planks nailed over the holes by the Snakebites using the thing.

• Like 1