Looking for some Bitz

fingolfen

• 1 month later...

Mike, You said I would be happy with Stripes. I have the book and have read it. Abrams are 8 points still overpriced and undergunned. A10 are 20 points and not playable. I did get a bit of second line equipment. More likely a way to spend hundreds of dollars on misc stuff, nothing to get excited about. The US is now barely caught up to starting line while the race has been running for 24 months. I do now finally have scouts units. I may someday get some Patton tanks, they are ok. I see no reason to add stuff to a faltering force, Maybe I am missing something?

Maybe we should have a separate Stripes thread.  From a game perspective I think the M60, if you're willing to use it in large numbers, is a major game changer.  Inclusion of the Marines also gives the US decent infantry, and the airmobile forces open up a lot of new tactics as well.  I think it brings the US in line with everyone else at this point, which should be the goal as you really shouldn't have codex creep in a historical game... Even one as loosely based as Team Yankee....

On 12/22/2017 at 6:46 AM, fingolfen said:

Maybe we should have a separate Stripes thread.  From a game perspective I think the M60, if you're willing to use it in large numbers, is a major game changer.  Inclusion of the Marines also gives the US decent infantry, and the airmobile forces open up a lot of new tactics as well.  I think it brings the US in line with everyone else at this point, which should be the goal as you really shouldn't have codex creep in a historical game... Even one as loosely based as Team Yankee....

Created one here: http://www.ordofanaticus.com/topic/209493-team-yankee-stripes-and-american-forces/

linked to thread created by phyfor88: http://www.ordofanaticus.com/topic/209482-stripes/