Parent/Child 'Learn'-ament

pretre

5 hours ago, pretre said:

Yeah, I'm ashamed that I didn't think of it earlier. I think that'd be a good spot for a little event.

Talking about WOW, right? Only downer there is if you need wheelchair accessibility. Good study stairs, but certainly not handicap friendly. 

And, yeah, kinda figured you had already considered WOW and rejected it, hence why you were looking for a venue.

I'll second @Jay on this. @pretre

I like the idea of hosting such a thing. I know there are more than a few of you who have their children interested in getting in a game. And I like the idea of putting everyone in a positive setting and showing them that public gaming can be an enjoyable experience (which is something so many people never get to have). And also be a great foundation for good sportsmanship!

The clubhouse is looking for things to put on the calendar this winter and would welcome this addition. Shoot me a PM or keep posting here. I am happy to spitball ideas and come up with a final version of what this would look like.

2 vs 2 with both sides controlling a manageable sized force. Maybe we make it on 4x4 tables so the games are quick and the kiddos can reach across the table easier. Multiple games mean roles can change making the kids the General for a few rounds then switch off to the parent. It would also be easy to setup thematic tables with specific missions to add to the all round atmosphere. Anyway, let me know what you think. Always here to help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/29/2017 at 9:05 AM, pretre said:

So, kind of testing the waters, but would anyone be interested in a more casual (maybe 2 games total), parent/child event where kids got a chance to play some games (with their parents help), learn more about the hobby and skills for events?

Very much in the conceptual space right now.

I'd be a big fan of this idea.  there's my two cents.

• Like 1