Grootslang- Neverborn wave 5 Minion

Fixxer

I was able to preorder this dude during Gencon this year. All of the factions got 2 pre release models and I unfortunately did not get the Cyclops but see that they are being released really soon anyway. 

Grootslang was painted the week I got him and has seen the table in every game since. I think he is a solid model on paper and wanted to see him work with each of my NB masters. He's only a 6 stone minion so I dont usually have a problem fitting him in any master's crew. What he does is after both sides have deployed my crew places 3 50mm lair markers on my side of the table. These are height 0 and are not severe or hazardous. They are simply markers that the Grootslang can teleport between. He needs a 7 of any suit and has triggers on rams and masks for additional goodies. He unfortunately cannot interact on the turn he does his lair to lair action, so it keeps him from making claim jump or other interact schemes more difficult for him to preform. When he is touching ANY terrain marker (only created markers, so Lilitih's illusionary forest, waldgeist's wild growth, emissary's hungry land markers & proboly more) he gets a + to ALL FLIPS except damage but does +1 damage.

This is really good, but keeps him tethered to his markers which makes placement of said markers a very important decision. He is on a 5mm base and has a  1" and 3" attack, which does give him some reach to finish off damaged models and engage for things like interference. 

Overall I am very pleased with the model. He has done great in some games and has gone down quickly in others which speaks to the glass cannon style faction NB can be. Get out early and kill because you wont be sticking around... at all.  He wont be an every game inclusion but adds a nice piece for games like Guard the stash or Interference. He can punch above his SS cost if used properly, so for a 6SS minion, I am sold. I look to bring him with Lilith most of the time with all the markers available in her crews.  

• Like 2