Ordo Fanaticus November Hobby Progress Challenge!

scottshoemaker

In an effort to combat the scourge that is Grey Plastic we shall band together and contribute to the Ordo Fanaticus 2017 Hobby Progress Challenge!

Let's keep this simple shall we?

Each month reply to this thread with your stated miniature hobby painting commitment.  The goal is a painted unit per month.

Ex:

"I will assemble and paint this box of Space Marines"

"I will paint this assembled Chariot I bought off eBay"

Include a dated picture of the project you intend to finish.  A description doesn't qualify.

When you have completed said stated goal, post a dated picture of the completed commitment, quoting the original post.

If you finish early, start another project, but be warned, the deadline for the project is the end of the month in which it is started.  Not 30 days from posting.

Those members that have completed their stated monthly goal will be placed in a raffle, from which I will draw a winner.  I will send the winner a prize.

At the end of the year the member that has completed the most goals win a better prize. In the case of a tie the members will be placed in a raffle, from which I will draw a winner.

Remember to quote your original post so progress for the month may be easily verified.  Failure to do so will DISQUALIFY the entry.

Valid projects:

10+ infantry figures

3+ medium sized models (siege machines, killa kans, ogres, etc)

1+ large model (Vehicle, big monster, etc)

Don't be a tool and post stuff you've already done. This is on the honor system.

Go! Challenge begins now!

• Like 1

Finished up the mixed pack.  The gray hunters are filling out nicely, and the heavy bolters 'n las cannon are a good start for some long fangs.

Only thing I'd like to change/add are axes.  They'd fit themeaticlly better than swords on the wolf guard pack leaders.

On 11/17/2017 at 6:20 AM, PourSpelur said:

Wow, those guys are amazing. Really rolls the theme back to Space Vikings from Wolfy McWolftooth.

The darker armor, chipping, subdued gold and pops of red were all fantastic choices! Sweet looking doodzmen:yourock:

Thanks!

I'm currently (re)reading the Horus Heresy wolf stuff.  It's a major inspiration for these guys.

Dark, dirty gray.  I want it to look like it's sleeting as the company pushes forward :)

IMG_2231.JPG

IMG_2311.JPG

IMG_2315.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2017 at 8:02 AM, Psilence said:

Finally found a lamp that is 'almost' bright enough to paint with :)

I plan to paint these wolves by the end of November.  They will be from multiple packs, and include some older armor marks, but all will mix into my current wolves.

IMG_2231.JPG

To be legal :p

IMG_2312.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Jay unpinned this topic
On 12/1/2017 at 6:19 PM, Frowbakk said:

I know, wrong thread for December, but I wanted to post the tank I'm planning to paint before WarPorch at Fluger's on December 9th.

A kitbashed Repressor:

5a220c761c984_RepressorProtoype.jpg.aa40a4574cc28d5f31a71eb5c2f19b1d.jpg

...and since the proof of concept worked, why make just one when you could build three more at triple the price?

5a220d5f52c01_RepressorAssemblyLine.jpg.9541a489f9438d21e193078a4c409cd2.jpg

Mods please move this post to http://www.ordofanaticus.com/topic/209381-ordo-fanaticus-december-hobby-progress-challenge/

• Like 1

• Jay locked this topic