T9A Portland/Vancouver Meetup thread

Hey guys,

Instead of making new threads with an updated date for when I want to propose playing a match, I figured I would just keep posing in one thread.

With that, is anyone interested in a game on 11/18? I am bored of waiting for 2.0 to be released, feels like Duke Nuke'm forever hype. If you wanna get slizered by my lizards, then lets make it happen... like a G6.

2 hours ago, TheBeninator said:

Sunday sounds delightful!

Cool man! 5k points? I'll have to see if I can get my Infernal Dwarves up and running...

1 hour ago, Exile said:

There is always table space available at WoW on Sunday afternoons, from 3-8.  Would be awesome to see some T9A there!

Would love to play at WoW, not sure how starting at 3 will work with the schedule though; Seahawks game starts at 5:30, need to see if the wife would prefer me gaming earlier to be there for the game, or gaming later so I can help out with the kido beforehand.

Yeah,

Blind Dragon Hobbies is probably near you @Grensche? Looks like a pretty good store, 4.5 / 5.

I think it would be fun to make a trip up to Seattle, and have the folks from B-ham come down. It is pretty cheap on a train for us from Portland. What to do once we arrive at King Station though would be more difficult. The bus system is pretty good, but it takes a long time for areas south of Seattle.

Where do all the cool gamers hang out in Seattle? There must be a bunch of untapped fantasy wargamers out there. Seattle metro is about 50% more populated than Portland Metro.

We could alternatively gather the troops and carpool up together from Portland/Couv, I just like trains :D.

32 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

Yeah,

Blind Dragon Hobbies is probably near you @Grensche? Looks like a pretty good store, 4.5 / 5.

I think it would be fun to make a trip up to Seattle, and have the folks from B-ham come down. It is pretty cheap on a train for us from Portland. What to do once we arrive at King Station though would be more difficult. The bus system is pretty good, but it takes a long time for areas south of Seattle.

Where do all the cool gamers hang out in Seattle? There must be a bunch of untapped fantasy wargamers out there. Seattle metro is about 50% more populated than Portland Metro.

We could alternatively gather the troops and carpool up together from Portland/Couv, I just like trains :D.

I personally don't go to Seattle because it's a nightmare to drive through. I never been to Blind Dragon Hobbies, I know Heroic Knight Games in Issaquah looks like the ultimate place to play both 40K, WFB, and quite possibly T9A and KoW if anyone can confirm.

Game Matrix in Tacoma seems to be a good place to play any wargame and from what I remember Terracrux Games is bringing 40K to their store. 

But anything between Seattle and Tacoma is practically a dead zone or MTG cash cows.

Hmmm, well in the meantime keep your eye out for the Slamwitch in Bellingham. Barring that, there will be another 1 day event in April I am guessing down in the Couv. I have a guest bedroom in Portland if having a place to stay is the make/break for coming down to Vancouver.

It might be nice to try and promote an event in the Seattle area to pull folks out of hiding. Your suggestion of Issaquah sounds rad, have you been there before?

28 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

Hmmm, well in the meantime keep your eye out for the Slamwitch in Bellingham. Barring that, there will be another 1 day event in April I am guessing down in the Couv. I have a guest bedroom in Portland if having a place to stay is the make/break for coming down to Vancouver.

It might be nice to try and promote an event in the Seattle area to pull folks out of hiding. Your suggestion of Issaquah sounds rad, have you been there before?

March. The Vancouver event will be in March. It's called "March to War."

Get it?

GET IT?!?!!?!!??!

24 minutes ago, Andrewgeddon said:

March. The Vancouver event will be in March. It's called "March to War."

Get it?

GET IT?!?!!?!!??!

I thought you were going to move it because slamwitch is likely going to be in Jan? OFCC is also a month later than last year.

How about: A'pril war to win

Pril meaning premature, breaking down the 4th wall and describing us, people stuck before our ascension to maturity, playing with plastic toys.

It's deep man (TWSS!!)

10 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

I thought you were going to move it because slamwitch is likely going to be in Jan? OFCC is also a month later than last year.

How about: A'pril war to win

Pril meaning premature, breaking down the 4th wall and describing us, people stuck before our ascension to maturity, playing with plastic toys.

It's deep man (TWSS!!)

You were the only person to vote to move it to April on the poll I put up in the FB group, except for John... who voted for every option. Lulz.

9 hours ago, Andrewgeddon said:

You were the only person to vote to move it to April on the poll I put up in the FB group, except for John... who voted for every option. Lulz.

I had a reason... but I no longer remember what it was.

Most likely that I didn't care and as long as you get it on the calendar before my wife can fill it up I can go.

35 minutes ago, valourunbound said:

I had a reason... but I no longer remember what it was.

Most likely that I didn't care and as long as you get it on the calendar before my wife can fill it up I can go.

It will almost certainly be on March 10th. I was waiting for the 2.0 release to drop, under the impression that it would be this month or December. Since it's looking like the best we'll get before the new years is the 2.0 Beta rules, I'll probably make an announcement soon.

• Thanks 1

On 11/13/2017 at 9:32 PM, Andrewgeddon said:

Cool man! 5k points? I'll have to see if I can get my Infernal Dwarves up and running...

Would love to play at WoW, not sure how starting at 3 will work with the schedule though; Seahawks game starts at 5:30, need to see if the wife would prefer me gaming earlier to be there for the game, or gaming later so I can help out with the kido beforehand.

Seahawks play on Monday Night this week! You should be golden!! :)

17 hours ago, Zeev said:

KoW seems to have won out here in Seattle my efforts to string together some kind of community have all met with failure. 

I would be glad to get some kind of event together I just need to find a store to host it lol

This makes me sad, but happy that there are potential wargamers ripe for the culling. I would still be down to play in Seattle if we have equal interest from Bham and Portcouv. What game stores have you been to Zeev, and what have been your impressions on the amenities necessary to hold a 1 day tourney? Are you also in between Seattle and Tacoma like Grensche?

I am a little north of Seattle. From my experience the best stores would be Games and Gizmos in Kirkland or if a little more north is ok Mugu Games in Everett. I've heard good things about Heroic Knight games in Issaquah but havent been there myself. Most of the stores in Seattle proper are either too small or cater heavily towards MTG.