TheBeninator

T9A Portland/Vancouver Meetup thread

On 11/14/2017 at 9:34 PM, Zeev said:

KoW seems to have won out here in Seattle my efforts to string together some kind of community have all met with failure. 

I would be glad to get some kind of event together I just need to find a store to host it lol

There is a Facebook group for KoW players in the Washington area that is active. I personally don't use Facebook as I prefer boards like Ordo. Most FLGS in my area are MTG heavy, even though I did check out Blind Dragon Hobbies (in Kent) per @TheBeninator suggestion and they do have all open wargaming (WFB, T9A, 40K, KoW, etc.) on Sundays.

32 minutes ago, Grensche said:

There is a Facebook group for KoW players in the Washington area that is active. I personally don't use Facebook as I prefer boards like Ordo. Most FLGS in my area are MTG heavy, even though I did check out Blind Dragon Hobbies (in Kent) per @TheBeninator suggestion and they do have all open wargaming (WFB, T9A, 40K, KoW, etc.) on Sundays.

Sweet, how many tables did they appear to have? Did you see the terrain selection? 

I think it would be OK to solicit in the KOW FB group to see if any of them would be interested in T9A. My guess is that most of them are familiar with WHFB. If we had enough Portcouver and bham folks we could pair out to help teach the game. Perhaps too ambitious?

7 minutes ago, valourunbound said:

I am free tomorrow! Lets do this!

Now all I need is an opponent.

Andrew and I are meeting on Sunday. Not sure if I can swing sat as well, I’ll get back to you on that, unless someone else wants to accept the challenge!

15 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

Sweet, how many tables did they appear to have? Did you see the terrain selection? 

I think it would be OK to solicit in the KOW FB group to see if any of them would be interested in T9A. My guess is that most of them are familiar with WHFB. If we had enough Portcouver and bham folks we could pair out to help teach the game. Perhaps too ambitious?

That I do not know. I emailed them once but no response, I'll give them a call once my armies are up to snuff. I don't have facebook (permanently deleted it), I believe @ClassicFlava is your go-to guy in all things KoW in Seattle.

1 minute ago, Grensche said:

That I do not know. I emailed them once but no response, I'll give them a call once my armies are up to snuff. I don't have facebook (permanently deleted it), I believe @ClassicFlava is your go-to guy in all things KoW in Seattle.

Sweet, thanks!

I dont blame you on the FB thing. As Fergie famously said "Don't want no drama drama"

On 11/17/2017 at 4:19 PM, TheBeninator said:

I unfortunately just started a third DnD campaign for Mondays, we will see how long this one lasts. Any other day of the week work for you? Red Castle is your closest store right?

Thursday work great for me as well.