Craft retreat goodness

Brother Glacius

So Menucha hosted another Scrap and Sew retreat this past weekend. My wife happened to be hosting this one and had a spot open for me to go. I love these things. Sure, I was the only guy there, but I had a whole weekend for working on my models. We pulled in around 2pm on Friday, got fed at 7pm, and went to bed some time around 10. Next morning, breakfast at 8am, lunch at noon, and dinner at 6pm. Sunday was breakfast and lunch as well.

As I said, I was the only guy there, but the ladies were all real nice and some came over to check out the models. They were all pretty amazed at the details and I got no judgement whatsoever. Also, my wife was scrap booking at the table right across from me. No kids, no chores, no cooking. I just got to play with my models for the whole weekend. The one thing I did hear often was that it would be great to have more guys show up. So while the event is called Scrap and Sew, they are completely open to other indoor craft activities. I had a whole 3x6 table to myself, and an LED lamp was made available. I brought my Tau that had been sitting in boxes for several years and pretty much put together an entire force.

The next one they are going to have is going to be in March. If anyone is interested in going, toss me a PM and I can get details for you when it is available. I think the price for this one was around $250. But considering you are getting a work area, two nights stay, and six meals, it really isn't that bad. And you also don't have to stay the entire time, so price is flexible. I think for the one in march I will leave the boxes at home and just bring some models to paint.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. Now I just need more shelf space for the new units. :) I can't stress enough how much I enjoyed the weekend. I think it is great that the hosts are now open to any craft hobby coming to these retreats.

One of the coolest things that happened was that I discovered that one of the people that works there actually plays Bolt Action. He lives in Corbet and doesn't have many players available to him. I let him know about Ordo and hopefully will schedule some games soon.

For those that may be interested, here is a link to the current info:

Crafting retreats at Menucha

• Like 1