2018 OBBL Coaches meeting 1-7-2018

Weav

In an effort to support the local Blood Bowl community, and more specifically the Ordo Blood Bowl League, I will be hosting a coaches meeting on January 7th 2018 at Western Oregon Wargamers. The purpose is two-fold: one, to discuss the commission's plans for the coming year; and two, for coaches to play friendlies and build their OBBL teams.

The meeting will start at 3pm and will follow this agenda:

1. Introductions
    1. Commission
    2. Existing coaches
    3. New coaches
  2. 2018 structure
    1. Friendlies
    2. Persistent League
      1. Competition pyramid
        1. Premiership
        2. Super League
        3. OBBDL
      2. Prizes and awards
    3. Fanaticus Founders Cup
      1. Prizes and awards
    4. The Human League
      1. Invitation process
  3. Tournaments
    1. Ordo Bowl
    2. Red Card Rampage
    3. Carnage Cup
  4. Out of area tournaments
  5. Play Friendlies!

We are looking forward to another terrific year of Blood Bowl, and this town hall meeting will help the commission understand the needs of the community. Please add your questions below...I hope to see you there (and hopefully it won't interfere with a Seahawks' game)!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Sgt. Rock said:

Hey Weav, just realized this is the same day that we do Infinity at WOW. I'll be forced to split my attention, which pretty much means I'll be playing Infinity. We usually only take up one or two rooms, though, so there should be space for both. Have you talked to @Raindog about it?

No, we won’t need any space in the big room so I figured we’d be fine.

All: if you're planning on playing a friendly after the coaches meeting tomorrow, please bring any special play cards you have from the BB16 box or from the additional packs (Team Titans, Hall Of Fame, etc...); as a reminder, cards are mandatory for friendlies.

Highlights of the meeting:

• Special play cards will remain mandatory for friendlies, and not used in league games; induced cards are still okay for league games
  • Next traditional league to start mid-February or early March
    • Three divisions: Premiership, Super League, OBBDL
      • Premiership is the top tier; winner is the over all OBBL champ
      • Super League is no longer the beginner division; it is now a second division for coaches that can commit to league requirements; winner must promote to Premiership 
      • OBBDL: Ordo Blood Bowl Developmental League; for new players and people with inconsistent schedules
      • Premiership and Super League home is WOW on Tuesdays; coaches are encouraged to purchase Ordo Championships to mitigate Game Night cost; OBBDL will be at Guardian Games on Thursdays
      • Commission will determine which league a coach is in
      • The league will maintain the successful two games every three weeks format
      • Playoff structure will be determined at league start 
  • No Death Zone: Season Two stadiums, coaching staff, referees or cheerleaders
  • No redrafting for 2018; spiraling expenses/expensive mistakes will be in use
  • Piling on: wasn't discussed; which version do people want?
  • FFC: same format for 2018 with mandatory buy-in for prizes
  • Dues: annual dues encouraged, not required; will flesh out more shortly; will be used for a variety of league reasons like trophies, pitches, dice, etc...
  • The Human League
    • Invitational league with intense communication and game week requirements; not for all coaches; if interested and can meet requirements, contact Weav for more information
  • Tournaments
    • Ordo Bowl - at OFCC 8/25-8/26 2018; flagship event...if you attend one local tournament in 2018, please make it Ordo Bowl
    • Carnage Cup - undetermined date, possibly late June 2018
    • Red Card Rampage - undetermined date, possible March

50 minutes ago, michaels said:

Piling on: wasn't discussed; which version do people want?

I like the DZ1 pre-eratta version. Claw doesn't stack with modifiers & PO is the same as Competition Rules.

I am 100% against not allowing claw to stack with modifiers.  

I am ambivalent on the piling on.  I prefer it is CRP, but dont care if it stays as it currently is....its a rule after all.

• Thanks 1

My personal thoughts are to try and keep the league rules as similar as possible to the NAF tournament rules. Having a single set of rules for all ordo tournaments and leagues seems like the easiest thing to do for organizers and players alike.

What does that mean for claw and piling on? I stress this is my personal preference as a player is to have claw use the errata that came out. As for Piling On, I think siding with the NAF is the best. Since we do run NAF sanctioned events and I would like consistency between tournaments and leagues we run, I feel using the NAF Tournament Rules stating that piling on does not require a re-roll is best.

• Like 1