2018 OBBL Coaches meeting 1-7-2018

Weav

Also agree it's best to run one ruleset that's more in-line with what NAF runs. The old PO rule is definitely preferable. For posterity. here's the kill-stack numbers (KO or better):

image.png.318954f6d66403dd512423cb980105fb.png

Even as someone that consistently plays claw teams, an almost 60% chance on break is pretty damn silly, but I'd still prefer Competition Rules to the new GW ones.

As an aside since I missed the whole damn thing (Thanks, Dan!), here's the TV++ for inducements calculation: TV + R * (W-L) where R is a variable set in advance. 30 seems to be a good number for a shorter league. For example:

Drakwald Beasts: 1640TV  3/2 W/L
1640 + 30(3-2) = 1670 TV

Try-Harders: 1630TV 6/1 W/L
1630 + 30(6-1) = 1780 TV
110k induce for Drakwald Beasts

BRING ON THE CARNAGE CUP!

In light of the Inducements clarification GW has made (that I posted earlier today) I would like to propose we go back to the CRP Petty Cash/Inducement rules.

That would also let us get rid of one of the worst of the stupid new rules, which is that you cannot hire Star Players or Mercenaries for Playoff games.

1 hour ago, savion47 said:

I actually did not know this was a rule now.

I also want to talk about completely random MVP for Friendlies

It is in one of the Death Zone books.  No one noticed it until weav found and mentioned it during the Founders Cup.

I can almost see a justification for it when you could spend freely out of your Treasury with the other team not getting anything in return.  A rich team just buying a Star Player for a playoff game could be troublesome.  Now that we should be back to the CRP Petty Cash system there isn't any way to abuse it and the terrible new rule should go the way of the dodo.

11 minutes ago, sbr said:

It is in one of the Death Zone books.  No one noticed it until weav found and mentioned it during the Founders Cup.

I can almost see a justification for it when you could spend freely out of your Treasury with the other team not getting anything in return.  A rich team just buying a Star Player for a playoff game could be troublesome.  Now that we should be back to the CRP Petty Cash system there isn't any way to abuse it and the terrible new rule should go the way of the dodo.

That actually happened in murder junkies vs temple tlanta playoff. Like 400k+ bank was blown for the match. 

9 minutes ago, michaels said:

That actually happened in murder junkies vs temple tlanta playoff. Like 400k+ bank was blown for the match. 

Which was the right move based on the rules at the time.  If we can get back to the rule set that has been play tested for hundreds of thousands of games instead of something GW pulled out of their a**es to sell some books we won't have to worry about it though.

2 minutes ago, sbr said:

Which was the right move based on the rules at the time.  If we can get back to the rule set that has been play tested for hundreds of thousands of games instead of something GW pulled out of their a**es to sell some books we won't have to worry about it though.

For sure the right move. 

Now there's only like 5 or 6 more [big bad swear word] rules to go then? :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

·        Piling On: Piling on will follow the Blood Bowl 2016 rules, as it is an under-utilized skill any way

What happened here in the "questions but no answers thread"? Went from "I think siding with the NAF is the best." to...not that?

Also, I never heard back on dues. My money not good enough for ya?!?? :tongue:

8 minutes ago, michaels said:

·        Piling On: Piling on will follow the Blood Bowl 2016 rules, as it is an under-utilized skill any way

What happened here in the "questions but no answers thread"? Went from "I think siding with the NAF is the best." to...not that?

Ease, and dues can be non-mandatory $10

3 hours ago, michaels said:

Ordo will be happy to take whatever size cash donation you would like to give. We can even set you up on a monthly payment plan if that works better for you.