March to War 2018: 9th Age Tournament March 24th, Vancouver, WA

Hello all! I am proud to make the official announcement for March to War 2018!

March to War (previously called “9th Age at Dice Age”) is a 9th Age tournament taking place on March 24th at Dice Age Games in Vancouver, WA. Tournament pack is being worked on and will be release sometime after the new year, pending the full rollout of the 2.0 Beta rules.

Details I CAN give you:

-There are 12 spots open, with the possibility of adding a few more if interest demands it. $10 entry, all entries go towards prize support.
-Missions will be out of the book.
-2.0 rules will be used; If the “official” 2.0 rules are not released before the tournament, we’ll use the Beta rules, subject to being “locked” at some point before the tournament.
-4,500 points.

Anyone who is interested in attending, let me know and I’ll add you to the list! If the 12 initial slots fill up, but you are still interested, sign up anyway! As I said, it may be possible to extend the event past 12 people. Plus, it’s a tournament, so you know people will drop XD.

Also note, if you want to guarantee a spot, I will be taking entry payments prior to the event. Not required, you can pay day of… but the the event of a full sign-up, I will give priority to those who have paid for their spot.

1. Donald Peck
2. John Gaffrey
3. Josh Calonder
4.  Nicholas
5. Cody
6. Benjamin Beal
7. Thiel Lehman
8. Marietta
9. Jack Kelly
10 . Dave Morrell
11. Chad Locey
12. Michael J
13.  Alex Harrison

-Wait List:-

28 minutes ago, Andrewgeddon said:

Still waiting for @TheBeninator to throw his hat in the ring... if he's not too busy with solo X-Wing that is...

It's called Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, and it is cooperative player vs. AI progressive campaign in an epic struggle against the Empire, yeesh!

I'm in. If any out of towners want to crash Saturday evening in Portland, I have an extra bed in our spare room, as well as a couch. I am located within talking distance of ample bars, so if you wish to do some drinking, my house is a good launch pad. Those allergic to cats are cautioned.

If anyone has any skill / access in AutoCAD or Adobe Illustrator and would not mind donating a bit of time, I have an idea for prize support and would like to enlist your help. Nothing too technical...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, TheBeninator said:

It's called Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, and it is cooperative player vs. AI progressive campaign in an epic struggle against the Empire, yeesh!

I'm in. If any out of towners want to crash Saturday evening in Portland, I have an extra bed in our spare room, as well as a couch. I am located within talking distance of ample bars, so if you wish to do some drinking, my house is a good launch pad. Those allergic to cats are cautioned.

If anyone has any skill / access in AutoCAD or Adobe Illustrator and would not mind donating a bit of time, I have an idea for prize support and would like to enlist your help. Nothing too technical...

Benno shoot me over what you need in Illustrator. ;) (Its what i do) 

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy all! Just under 3 weeks since I posted the details for March to War, and we're down to 3 seats! Would love to see this event filled up!

I'm looking at possibly proving some additional prize support, possibly in the form of some raffle items,  possibly in the form of some grab bags. Some of these items might be army / player specific. If you know (or think you know) what army you are bringing to the event and don't mind sharing, that will help me better prepare! You can message me if you want to keep it "under wraps." Also, if you declare an army, it doesn't lock you into bringing it if you change your mind, just drumming up some ideas for tournament swag!

Look for the event packet to be coming out in the next couple weeks!

• Thanks 1

And with the last 2 spots claimed, March to War is "full!"

As I've said, if you are still interested in attending and have not done so, please let me know! Last year, we were told we could add a 7th table if we needed it. I have not inquired about how many extra tables we could add, or if we even could, but if there is the demand for it I will try and get things in motion! Worst case, I'll add you to the wait list in case we have any drops :)

• Like 1

Good news one and all! Since our soft cap of 12 players had filled up, and we had a 13th player on the wait list, I inquired with Dice Age about the possibility of adding any additional 6x4 tables to squeeze in some more players. I'm happy to report that I've been told we could get another 2 tables, so 8 in total, meaning I can bump up the available spots to 16! This will very much be a hard cap though; Once these 16 spots fill up, I wouldn't expect to get in unless we have someone drop. So sign up and lets have a great event!

I see some names missing from the sign up there were there last year... @Scipiano @Sherbert, surely your not going to make Kacy drive all the way down by himself are you?

• Like 1

I want to come down and see all you guys and roll some dice, but driving all the way down to vancouver from bellingham is too far for a one day event. it ends up taking the entire weekend because of the seattle/tacoma traffic. I would totally drive to seattle for a one day event since it is a good middle point, wink wink, nudge nudge seattle players.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sherbert said:

I want to come down and see all you guys and roll some dice, but driving all the way down to vancouver from bellingham is too far for a one day event. it ends up taking the entire weekend because of the seattle/tacoma traffic. I would totally drive to seattle for a one day event since it is a good middle point, wink wink, nudge nudge seattle players.

Understandable man! You will be missed this year!

3 hours ago, Sherbert said:

I totally agree! *cough* @Zeev

15 hours ago, splinx said:

If you bring your own flask of cough mixture who cares. ;) 

touche!