Pax's Scummy Squadron

@scotthartman I think I cheated in our game. Apparently, the heavy laser cannon immediately changes all crit results into regular hits. So that brown ship's ability to turn crits into 2 regular hits can't be used in conjunction. Sorry about that. Might have changed quite a bit. 

Traded a few cards and ships with Scott the other day, and also picked up IG-88's ship after he left. I now have two Proximity mine cards <evil laughter>. Set also came with some deadman switches <more evil laughter>.

Repositioning some ships proved easy enough. Flipped the YT-666 which does look much better. Made the Aggressor (IG-88's ship) stand on it's head because it humorlessly looks like the Space Invader's video game enemies - kinda makes me want to run a fleet of just them... Haven't had the chance to paint any of them. 

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't forgotten this one, just keep running into scheduling conflicts on actually playing. 

I picked up the Millenium Falcon kit (found it for sale at 2/3rds cost). I know, not scum, but I'm planning to field it in a scummy way, as I'm putting together a scummy Rebel squadron too.  Kit also contains many upgrades I've been wanting for my scum. 

And I still haven't painted any of these.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a game in, maybe a week ago. Can't recall the exact list, but basically I tested out Minefield Mapper with some Proximity Mines. It was....interesting. I lost, or would have lost if we finished. We called it, after playing for far too long. His force was certainly better, but between the static minefields and the terrain, there was just too little space to move. Opponent kept moving out of my firing arc and I was having major issues maneuvering. Could have just been a bad day, but I think the issue was that my opponent was just very experienced with this game and I was not. That said, the "clutter" on the battlefield was a challenge for both players and he regretted having two Large Ships.

In hindsight, I still like minefield mapper, but it may be wise to cluster them together more, so as to leave open spaces in the map. Seismic Torpedos may also be a smart tactic. 

Opponent also had a unit that put stress on my ships. Definitely need to look into stress removal options.