Tentative league start

Weav

3 hours ago, Bosco said:

I'm late to the party, sorry. 

Is this the tentative start date for all ordo leagues? If so, does the new player league still have slots to fill?

Hi Bosco. The new player league is fluid and has openings. That league will run Thursday’s at Guardian. If you prefer something more stricter and can commit to eight to ten games, you may do well in the Super League. 

How much have you played? 

Lots of the PC adaptation on hard which I understand to be a good digital representation of the primary rules, but only a single game on the actual board.  Always with dwarfs, which is what I'd be playing.

I plan to start coming to ordo game nights on Tuesdays starting next week to hopefully get some actual play in.  

Is the 8-10 game Super League regularly on Tuesdays? If so, I can definitely commit since that's my reserved game night for the coming months, assuming I can get enough games in to be competent in the board game subtleties.

1 hour ago, Bosco said:

Lots of the PC adaptation on hard which I understand to be a good digital representation of the primary rules, but only a single game on the actual board.  Always with dwarfs, which is what I'd be playing.

Vs the AI? You'll get a lot better at tactics & strategy vs humans. You could join Rebbl Rookie League for a bit & get some games vs real players in. https://www.reddit.com/r/ReBBRL/wiki/gettingstarted

They have an open spin league that makes it really easy to find other other people to play against. I'm more than happy to give you practice matches online as well.

12 hours ago, Bosco said:

I plan to start coming to ordo game nights on Tuesdays starting next week to hopefully get some actual play in.  

Is the 8-10 game Super League regularly on Tuesdays? If so, I can definitely commit since that's my reserved game night for the coming months, assuming I can get enough games in to be competent in the board game subtleties.

We encourage both Super League and Premiership games to be played on Tuesdays at WOW, but that is not required. In other words, I think you’re very safe to assume the majority of your games can be played that night of the week, but some opponents may not be able to make it. You would then schedule another time and venue with them.