40K OFCC Team Event - Conversation starts here!

evil_bryan

Woohoo! The announcement has been made, I will be your 40K OFCC Team Event Head of Gaming once again this year!

(http://www.ordofanaticus.com/topic/209719-ordo-fanaticus-club-challenge-2018-event-and-hog-announcement/)

This thread is to start the conversation and get people excited about this year's OFCC and how awesome it will be to play under a single rule set. :)
(quick note for those who did not know, we juggled both 7th and 8th edition last year.)

This thread is just for the discussion and you can expect to see an alternate post which will contain all of the event details once they have been fleshed out. The good news is that much of the work has been done and I am excited to share it with you. That being said, I think a healthy discussion can excite people and help shape the finer points to make this a truly awesome event.

Now, in order to keep the conversation moving I would like to provide a bit of an incentive. For every page of comments that this thread reaches, I will reveal a new detail about the event in advance of the full event posting thread. (Update: After 15 pages, details were no longer being added to this thread.) In order to keep the details from getting lost in the thread, as I add them I will also update this first post. Since this post technically is the start of the first page of comments, I owe you a detail (and lets make it a big one). :)

40K OFCC Team Event - Sneak Peek

Page 1 Detail: Match ups will be Team vs. Team
Page 2 Detail: Team Sizes will be set at 4 Person Teams (like previous years). Also, like previous years I expect a few teams to be looking for players and few Merc teams to form for people new to OFCC.
Page 3 Detail: Another return of a fan favorite, Captain Pairings are back this year. The goal is always to make sure your team members have fun all weekend and pair up well with their opponents.
Page 4 Detail: Team versus Team Challenges are returning this year to 40K! Take control over your destiny, settle that grudge match once and for all, and reforge bonds in the crucible of battle!
Page 5 Detail: There will be more than one Challenge Round!!!
Page 6 Detail: The Page 6 spoiler is that we will have a special list of achievements available only to Team Captains which will carry with it special recognition. Team Captains are asked to do quite a bit and are critical to the success of OFCC, it is time to acknowledge and celebrate their contribution. 
Page 7 Detail: Army size this year will be 2000 points
Page 8 Detail: OFCC will not use ITC rules
Page 9 Detail: Best Overall will be calculated from 40% Sports, 25% Painting, 30% Spirit, and 5% Captain Achievements
Page 10 Detail: We will be using battle-forged armies with a max of 3 detachments
Page 11 Detail: All Games Workshop and Forgeworld models that have rules for 8th edition will be allowed at OFCC
Page 12 Detail: The Painting requirements will be strictly enforced and models not meeting the minimums cannot be fielded. Captain's will be responsible for checking all armies on their team prior to the event.
Page 13 Detail: The Player's Guide will be published on March 15th.
Page 14 Detail: The Mission Pack will be published on June 1st and will contain 4 of the OFCC 40K Missions. The secret 5th mission will not be revealed until OFCC weekend.
Page 15 Detail: Teams will be able to challenge opponents for all three games played on Saturday. Matches will be paired randomly on Sunday.

Here are the rules:

• Challenges are options, and not required for play on Saturday
  • All challenge matches must be prearranged by 8/1/2018
  • Both Captains must agree to the challenge match 
  • Only fully paid teams are qualified to arrange challenge matches
  • After 8/1, challenge matches cannot be changed

The process for submitting challenge matches will be outlined in the Players Guide.

Between challenge matches and captain's pairing, players have never had a better chance to have an unforgettable OFCC experience. 

Bonus Detail: There will be a special award for the first fully paid team!

Now get that conversation going and prepare yourself for more details to come :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Although I was able to join a team at the last minute as a replacement (Yay for having a Sisters army) I would also like to see the "Mercenaries" (people without a team) allowed in since I would have been one of them if not for fate.

Though this year I'll see if I can round up a group from my local game store. Although that would mean cutting down on the chaos unexpected life events which keep me from having a regular game night.

It'll be nice to get in all the games in 8th Edition, though.

2 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

I am against this with every ounce of my 228.4 lbs.

This. LoW are very much part of the game.  8th is very well balanced now when it comes to LoW.  There is very much a Rock Paper Scissors with them.  They are extremely powerful.  But with now even a lasgun  being able to wound (though rare) a risk to field one.  Sinking so many ppints into one target brings not getting first turn even more negative.

ive had a Shadowsword rock for me, I’ve also lost it round 1 without it firing a shot.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

This. LoW are very much part of the game.  8th is very well balanced now when it comes to LoW.  There is very much a Rock Paper Scissors with them.  They are extremely powerful.  But with now even a lasgun  being able to wound (though rare) a risk to field one.  Sinking so many ppints into one target brings not getting first turn even more negative.

ive had a Shadowsword rock for me, I’ve also lost it round 1 without it firing a shot.  

You've never had a Morty command point himself into casting Warp Time so that he's in your grill first turn and wipes out half the army first turn...

EXCEEDINGLY RPS

3 hours ago, Romans832 said:

You've never had a Morty command point himself into casting Warp Time so that he's in your grill first turn and wipes out half the army first turn...

EXCEEDINGLY RPS

That's kinda the basic strategy with him. Either he gets first turn and makes his points back, then dies. 

Or the Morty player goes second and Morty dies.