40K OFCC Team Event - Conversation starts here!

evil_bryan

Evil_Bryan "fact".

While inspecting the construction of the Woolwich Armory, King George III (oh yeah, earlier we proved he's 29% the reincarnated spirit of the mad Brittish king, please keep up). Anyways, King Bryan is inspecting the construction of a new military base and he smells a delicious odor coming from the communal cookpot. He's immediately like "Hey Generals and other assorted nobles, what's that cooking?". All the fancy people are all "Some BS we call food in the loosest sense, only commoners eat that garbage."

King Bryan immediately built a tower around that guy because there's no way that it could be garbage if it percolated the royal nostrils so well.

Some grubby workman is just getting ready to eat his hot lunch and all of the sudden THE KING! sits down and holds out a bowl. Grubbo is terrified, THE KING! wants a bowl of his lunch. He scoops up a serving and they eat in silence. After finishing, King Bryan (29% of him anyways) asks, "My dear, filthy commoner, what's in the pot?"

Grubbo replies, "Just beans, beer and bacon. Boiled for a few hours."

K.B. just nodded sagely and whispered "That'll do pig."

Tune in to the next page for further Evil_Bryan "facts"!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, DisruptiveConduct said:

if you never commit, you will always miss your chance at success (or failure).

By 'commit' I mean buying the non-refundable tickets.

18 hours ago, paxmiles said:

By 'commit' I mean buying the non-refundable tickets.

Just FYI, tickets for OFCC generally become non-refundable about two weeks out from the event date. For this year's event, that would be August 10th. This would mean that you, Pax, and anyone else could purchase an OFCC ticket from now until that date and you would receive a refund (minus any PP fees) if you changed your mind about attending. After that date, however, a refund would only be given in the case of family emergency or some other similar circumstance. 

We're two months+ out from the event. How much work does your army need, Pax?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Frowbakk said:

You wouldn't be the first person to be painting models on a Friday night at OFCC. I've done it myself.

Last year, I had a Petinent engine explode on me.  Took me several hours after getting off work at midnight to repair so it was ready again.  I have been there and still painting for other events before and pulling all nighters.  This year.  I should be done with a month to spare.

• Like 3