40K OFCC Team Event - Conversation starts here!

evil_bryan

3 hours ago, SPaceORK said:

Why no fw? There are exactly two competitive things from fw that are undercosted or good; the raptors chapter master and fire raptors gunships.

Every thing else is either just average or way to many points.

And what? Team vrs team? So is this event/tournament like a doubles tournament?  Can I even play if I don't have a team?

I thought this was a semi casual tournament in which models should be painted and teams are present but pairings are based on individuals.

There will be Forge World.  Opinions vary...widely... on the "over/under costed" theme so no point going into that.  It has traditionally been Team V team, w Captains setting up the matchups.  they got away from that for a year.  Sounds like its coming back?  And people form teams made of the people who don't have one yet, quite often.  It is always purported to be a casual Games day type event.  Some years it has been.  My favorite ever was the one Zhen ran four or five years ago.  That was a blast.  

My favorite thing about going is the team theme.  We always come up with some team thing that all of us have to do.  Like we did Rolling Thunder, where everything had to be mnechanized or a walker.  We did lists that ALL had to have Stingwings and Stealthsuits one year (in the old codex where they were considered terrible).  We did "The Hordes" where you couldn't bring less than 100 models.  We once split the Necron codex into its four separate pieces and everyone took an aspect of them:  Canoptek, Star Gods, Invasion force and Destroyer Cult.

Love doing that.

There was a Sistrers of Battle Team that i would have given my left arm to be on but I didn't go last year.  What can ya do.  Still, it would have been kewl.

Themes for the win!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

And that's why you don't store all the apples in one bunch...

If there's a balance concern and it really is just one or two models, just ban them. They've done it for specific super-heavies in the past, no reason extending that to characters would be a huge problem. Special Characters used to be banned from play for the longest time, too. 5th, I think, was the first edition to allow use of special characters without having to ask special permission of your opponent.

If morty isn't the only issue and it really is an issue of most codexes, or a bunch of units, or an entire army, then sure, nerf them all. 

morty isn't so much of an issue straight outta the death guard. It is when he doesn't need support from the rest of the army. Ie when he combos the strategem from chaos space marines to get warp time on himself now he can hop around multiple moves all by himself. The spell is not normally available to him but the heretic Astartes keyword lets him use the spell change strategem to get the spell. While you could still take an extra detachment to have a sorcerer do it now you have to keep that sorcerer in range etc. Limiting armies to one strategem deck does not limit model choice just cuts down on combos from multiple books strategem and relic wise... makes people pick a direction maybe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, evil_bryan said:

Woohoo! Page 3!

Time for another detail, sorry this one is not huge blockbuster but it is a detail none the less.

Another return of a fan favorite, Captain Pairings are back this year. The goal is always to make sure your team members have fun all weekend and pair up well with their opponents.

Your lucky sir almost page 4

Well question is “ Is it an ITC Event or not”

If it is then your asking folks to dismiss their ranking playing sub-par list ,and some folks care about those. Which does not make them a-halls for caring about them.

If it’s not then there is no excuse for players to go in hardcore cause it does not effect their rankings. So they can bring more laid back list.

just my 2.5 cents (raised because of inflation)

3 minutes ago, pretre said:

ITC points don’t have to be based on battle points. War zone Atlanta and Annihilation do more heavily paint and sports for their ITC ranking and I imagine ofcc could do something similar.

Yes push for sportsmanship maybe just captain assign points through sombre archaic percentage then ordo assigns points as they see fit by lottery.

Discuss!

Just now, Steel Angel said:

I have problems with sportsmanship score because most of the time it becomes the “Who I like best ” not the “ Who was the best sportsman “ score

there’s a big difference between who is the most entertaining and charming, and someone being a good sportsman.

The guy who gives me bananas and rum gets best sportsmanship from me. that is OFCC

• Like 2