Rogue Trading rules for posting?

Noticed that we don't seem to have any rules posted in this subforum anymore. Aside from the overall forum rules, does this section have any regulation?

There used to be some stickied. Just noticed they were gone. MODS feel free to delete this if it isn't needed. 

We use to have rules about making vindictive posts about other members (So-and-so cheated me, So-and-so is a no good swindler. etc.). But, that hasn't happened in quite awhile (thankfully) and if it did, the mods would handle it. Pretty much, Pax, if you follow the regular Code of Conduct for the forums, you should be OK. If you have a specific question, please post it here. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DasBox said:

I do have a question. I'm an aspiring gunsmith and was hoping to wrangle materials to practice with. Could I post an offer for gun parts or worn out and broken firearms? After all a craftsman has to start somewhere.

Traditionally, we haven't limited the scope of this forum to just games and minis. I would think that as long as the buy/sell/trade offer is perfectly legal, it can be posted on this forum. 

• Like 2

On January 31, 2018 at 12:59 PM, pretre said:

Does it matter? Is there something that is sticking in your craw?

There was something that I later decided didn't really matter, but it caused me to notice that the rules for this subforum were gone. Wasn't sure for how long, nor if it was intentional. Figured it was worth mentioning in the off chance that their absence wasn't intentional. 

My craw...hehe...humans don't have a craw.

4 minutes ago, pretre said:

yhe6q.jpg

Good, then it wasn't meant as an insult. Wasn't sure. Definition should allow it to apply to humans, but only as an insult. Like when refering to a human female a B*tch

2 minutes ago, pretre said:

Both of those examples use their own "craw" rather that refering to other people as having craws. Not an insult if you use it to refer to your own self. Just like how some women do refer to themselves as being b*tches, but they'd still be insulted if I refered to them as such. 

An idiom or not, you should still consider if the words you use are appropriate within the context you use them. Hiding behind it being an idiom indicates a lack of consideration of the words you use and how they impact those around you. 

Anyway, I'm not mad. Just glad to learn that you weren't trying to insult me. 

3 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

Both of those examples use their own "craw" rather that refering to other people as having craws. Not an insult if you use it to refer to your own self. Just like how some women do refer to themselves as being b*tches, but they'd still be insulted if I refered to them as such. 

An idiom or not, you should still consider if the words you use are appropriate within the context you use them. Hiding behind it being an idiom indicates a lack of consideration of the words you use and how they impact those around you. 

Anyway, I'm not mad. Just glad to learn that you weren't trying to insult me. 

wow-thats-amazing-ucg612.jpg

Interesting.  I have always heard it used idiomatically in either case, referring to myself or to someone else.

I suppose in this politically correct world someone might should mention to the dictionaries that ti would be helpful to include references to others to indicate that it is copacetic to use in either direction.

4 hours ago, WestRider said:

Idk, some of them seem like they should be followed. #141 seems particularly appropriate here, for instance. #9, 31, 57, 112, and 214 all seem pretty useful and reasonable as well.

You make a good argument.

@generalripphook & @evil_bryan

You two jokers are real treasures. I just might bury you. Seriously though I know a guy....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Just glad to learn that you weren't trying to insult me. 

Pax, with one possible exception, even when someone on here, specifically, insult you, they aren't trying to offend you.  And all too often, you perceive an offense that wasn't there. I'm guilty of doing that, too. 

Just tryin to say, you're among family. Even that snail, necrontyr.

• Like 1