Thursdays gameplay at Guardian Games - 2018

barca

THU, SEP 6: I plan on being at GG around 6 PM with Flames of War Eastern Front all-tank lists, 100 pts:

• Soviet T-34 (Early) Tank Battalion, 100 pts: 19 x t-34 (Early). HQ and 2 companies
  • German Panzer IV Tank Company list, 100 pts: Pz IV Short 7.5 cm x3, Pz IV Long 7.5 cm x5, Pz III Uparmoured x4. HQ and 3 platoons.

I have the Enemy at the Gates book, unit cards and command cards.

I also have Iron Cross book, unit cards and command cards.

I will bring MW North Africa Germans and desert terrain.
I will also have Team Yankee models and terrain.

We can discuss rotating the themes, so that we set expectations on what to bring on a given week, and which terrain to setup.
Bringing along FoW North Africa,...
   ...AND FoW Eastern Front
       ...AND Team Yankee
can be a lot to pack and haul.

As a starting point for discussion:

• 1st half of month (days 1-15) = Desert Terrain
  • 1st half of month = FoW MW North Africa
  • 1st half of month = FOAN Fate of A Nation
  1. If we add Fate of A Nation (FOAN) to our themes, then we could have FOAN in the 1st half of the month.
  2. That way, desert terrain is all we need to setup, for both FOAN and FoW.
  3. So no matter which of these two sets of forces people bring, the terrain can be setup as soon as the first person arrives at the game store.

• 2nd half of month (days 16-End-of-Month) = European and urban terrain
  • 2nd half of month = FoW MW Eastern Front
  • 2nd half of month = Team Yankee
  1. If we need to switch the terrain on a table from Team Yankee to FoW Eatsern Front (or vice versa), then we just swap out the buildings that don't fit the theme.

I will NOT be at this Gaming session: Thursday, OCT 4. I will be out of town.

Reminder: You can arrange to play whatever you want, but if you are looking for a default to limit the terrain and models to haul around, here are our suggestions:

Suggested mission for OCT 4: Fighting Withdrawal

1st half of month (days 1-15)

• Terain: Desert Terrain.
  • Forces: FoW MW North Africa and/or FOAN (Fate of A Nation)

2nd half of month (days 16-30/31)

• Terain: European/Russian Terrain*
  • Forces: FoW MW Eastern Front and/or Team Yankee
  • (*) If someone wants Stalingrad-style terrain and forces, make prior arrangements on this thread.

The best result occurs when two or more people agree on this thread what to bring and setup for a particular Thursday.

• 2 weeks later...

THURS, OCT 25:

I will bring MW Eastern Front Russians and Germans:

• Russian Rifle battalion with Tank and gun support. - won't have flamethrowers this time. Might find some painted ones in a storage box this weekend
  • Russian Tank Battalion
  • German Pz III Kompanie

Not planning on Team Yankee, unless someone requests it before 2 PM on Thursday, 10/25

On 10/25/2018 at 8:18 AM, phyfor88 said:

I will be there tonight, 25 Oct 2018 bringing  Germans Midwar, And as a standby Team Yankee US and Soviets.

Zeke, phyfor88 and I had  great Breakthrough battle: Soviet Rifle Battalion with arty and KV-1s vs German Pz III Kompanie.

I am experimenting to find a good general purpose Soviet Mid-war list. The search continues...

For the Russian tanks, I am liking the new "Overworked" rule much better than the old "Hen and Chicks"

BTW, THU, 1 NOV starts the 1st half of the month Desert terrain theme: Thursdays 1 NOV, 8 NOV and 15 NOV our defaults are:

TERRAIN = Desert.

• Flames of War default is Mid-War North Africa.
  • If someone makes arrangements for Mid-War Eastern Front battles, you can simulate the Desert/Mountain battles in the Caucasus.
  • If someone arranges for Team Yankee, it will be a desert battle

1 hour ago, barca said:

Zeke, phyfor88 and I had  great Breakthrough battle: Soviet Rifle Battalion with arty and KV-1s vs German Pz III Kompanie.

I am experimenting to find a good general purpose Soviet Mid-war list. The search continues...

For the Russian tanks, I am liking the new "Overworked" rule much better than the old "Hen and Chicks"

I agree Hen and chicks was horrible. Overworked is much better.  Game last night was a nail biter, good fun.