1850 - 2000 - Sisters for Annihilation the Weekender

pretre

Okay, so basic list that I'm noodling:

Brigade

HQ - Canoness with Evis/BP - 57

HQ - Canoness with Power Sword/BP - 49 (Relic)

HQ - Celestine and 2 G - 250

OB SEC TROOP - 5 BSS with 3 SB - 51

OB SEC TROOP - 5 BSS with 3 SB - 51

DT - Repressor - 110

OB SEC TROOP - 5 BSS with 2 SB - 49

DT - Rhino - 75

DT - Immo with Immo Flamer - 103

DT - Immo with Immo Flamer - 103

ELITE - Imagifer - 40

ELITE - Imagifer - 40

ELITE - Imagifer - 40

HEAVY - 5 Rets with 4 HB - 85

FAST - 8 Seraphim with 4 Inferno Pistols, Chainsword/BP - 124

FAST - 5 Dominions with 4 Melta - 118

DT - Repressor - 110

FAST - 5 Dominions with 4 Melta - 118

DT - Repressor - 110

8 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Well, you've got dakka for days, as the girls should, but all the melta being so concentrated. I mean, one squad could kill a Knight, if rolling well, but seems like if I need to get rid of your melta, I can pretty quick. Unless I'm missing something.

Yep. I certainly could take more of that, but the event does require brigade/battalion so there's gonna be a lot of bodies on the board and to do that, not everyone can have melta.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

What about spreading them out from the Doms a lil? Can the Doms run 2 SB 2 MG?

They could, yeah.  I don't know that I want to dilute them like that though.

I guess I could swap out to a Brigade and then take lots of Doms with 2 Meltas instead of fewer with 4.

edit: Dammit, I always get Brigade and Battalion mixed up. I have a Brigade right now.

So it works out to

Battalion

Canoness and Celestine with 2G

2 x 5 BSS with 3 SB and Rhino

1 x 5 BSS with Immo and 3 SB

2 x Imag

3 x 5 Rets with 4 HB

8 Seraph with 2 IP

Outrider

Canoness

4x 5 Doms with 2 Melta in Repressor

Less ob-sec but more spread out diverse melta, just for you. Oh and 5 less cp.

Well, there's a couple other things as well.

It's open war deck and high soft scores. So a softer, more ob-sec list helps me with objectives and with soft scores. Plus, I have a tendency to over think my lists and spend way too much time on them instead of playing and I just can't be arsed this time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Frowbakk said:

The 12 CP are nice as well. Lets you shut down psykers more often and turn a character dying into more Melta shots.

Since I don't run Celestine, my version of this list would probably pile on more Seraphim to add to maneuverability through deepstriking.

Yeah, that's why I have so many Canonesses and Imagifers, just to give more opportunities for dead characters and use up those juicy extra faith acts. It doesn't hurt that canonesses are dirty cheap now. In fact, if I had the time/desire, I'd swap one of the imagifers for 2 dialogous and use them as cheap objective holders.

I've been considering doing the two Imagifers and two Dialogus instead of the one Imagifer and four Dialogus since by the time I get to using up all my Dialogus-Martyrs to catch bullets there aren't any Dominions left to make shoot twice.

I just wish there was an upgrade to give an Imagifer so she could ride with Dominions and still allow them their Vanguard9Scout) move forward at the beginning of the game.

Also, wouldn't it be better to put the (relic) Blade of Admonition on the Seraphim superior? More likely to get in combat than a footslogging Canoness, and quite the surprise at how choppy she would be.

33 minutes ago, Frowbakk said:

I've been considering doing the two Imagifers and two Dialogus instead of the one Imagifer and four Dialogus since by the time I get to using up all my Dialogus-Martyrs to catch bullets there aren't any Dominions left to make shoot twice.

I just wish there was an upgrade to give an Imagifer so she could ride with Dominions and still allow them their Vanguard9Scout) move forward at the beginning of the game.

Also, wouldn't it be better to put the (relic) Blade of Admonition on the Seraphim superior? More likely to get in combat than a footslogging Canoness, and quite the surprise at how choppy she would be.

I thought about it, but I'd need to swap the model. I just don't see the Seraphim living long enough to use the relic, whereas the canoness is somewhat durable and nasty if she gets in.

• 4 weeks later...