Recommended Dark Elf starting build

Weav

21 hours ago, michaels said:

You could drop a blitzer & ff for a lino & another rr. Or just drop the FF & save for Apo. FF is generally a waste. 

I like: 6 line, 4 blitz, 2 runner, 2 rr best. 

Too much AV7.  If you plan on getting Witches eventually that gives you 4 AV7 on the team. That and Runners are borderline players anyway.

I don't like 1 RR starts.  You know you are going to buy more later, and they will be more expensive which feels like a waste of money.  It also makes it hard to play aggressively enough to win, imo.  I started a Wood Elf team with 1 RR and struggled for the first bunch of games.  I didn't even want to attempt a Leap because I only had 1 RR I would need for something else later.

There is also an argument to be made to ignore the Runner, especially if you are looking for peak efficiency.  They are AV7 and you shouldn't be throwing the ball much so losing their Passing skill access shouldn't be that big of a deal.  That said they are fun and I would take one.

I like

• 4 Blitzers *required*
  • 6 Line Elves
  • 1 Runner
  • 2 RRs

Apo first buy, then a Witch.  Then Witch or 3rd RR depending on personal opinion and state of the team.

I wouldn't replace any Line Elves who were fired/deaded until after the first Witch, struggle through with Loners.  Replacing any missing Blitzer is #1 priority always.

• Like 2

I only have one runner painted, so I definitely can't start with two. I think if I am playing for the long haul, which is my goal, then the four blitzer and line elfs with a single runner may be best. I kinda' thought seven line elfs but I only have six painted. Thanks you guys, I have my build now. 

• Like 1