Sign in to follow this  
paxmiles

We Evolved From Chaos Spawn (Pax's Tyranids)

Anyway, one thing I noticed mid-way through my game was that the Neurothrope has the FLY keyword. Given my model has legs, it hadn't occurred to me that the newer version of the zoan would logically have FLY. Still not fast, but certainly a change in use which I should probably look into modeling on. I'll probably give him a "disc of Tzeentch"-like flying platform, since I plan to rebase him anyway. 

6 hours ago, paxmiles said:

Not quite what I meant. With CSM only a few Stratagems really apply to the army I'm fielding. And most require rather obscure context for use. Part of this perspective is certainly related to the units I use. 

The tyranid stratagems are almost all useful for my army, which makes it harder to keep track of them. I might be buying the deck for tyranids (and thousand sons for that matter), but I don't see the need for the CSM one. That's all. 

That actually is pretty much what I was talking about. I just worded it badly.

Malefactors arrived today. Odd unit. No clue what they count as. Let's see, model is really long (sticks off the Imperial Knight Base), but just as skinny as the Exocrine above. Aside from some really massive talons, it doesn't really have any weapons. And it's got an armored shell that makes me think it should be T8 or higher. Rules wise, for the OOP model, it was a troops transport for the tryranids... This guy: https://spikeybits.com/2012/03/pre-forge-world-tyranid-transport-the-malefactor.html 

Suggestions welcome. I'm disinclined to modify the model itself, but I was thinking that with it's skinny nature, I could create some "extra" arms that are mounted only to the base, rather than the model - so if I just need a few more weapons to make it count as something, it could be done without destroying that old model. 

Their arrival has me looking at the bug book again. Wow, mawlocs really changed this edition. Weak and cheap, but potentially awesome. 104pts each, with weapons (none of which have any cost). That said, they can deep strike only 1" away from enemy models. And then on top of that, they can deal mortal wounds to enemies within 2" but it's not a shooting attack or psychic power, so it's difficult to deny. And they are a huge model with a big base, so with a few in reserve, you could really disrupt enemy gunlines and fallback options. 

2 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

You should make it a gaunt factory.

A tervigon? That is a great idea. Always forget about that guy, even in my re-read, overlooked him. Yeah, that would work. Darn, though, means I need to buy guants...