Guard Crusaders

InfestedKerrigan

Yeah, I would want them to actually look like crusaders. The primary wargear/abilities for Crusaders are the Power Weapons and Storm Shield. You want to model that.

Just like I hope your Jugger RR are modeled with lances, etc. I think the juggers may be too big size-wise, but coolness may override that some.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, pretre said:

Just like I hope your Jugger RR are modeled with lances, etc. I think the juggers may be too big size-wise, but coolness may override that some.

I was looking at that last night, and even on Biker bases, although wonderfully grand, the rules don't feel like the model. The size is impressive, especially 6 wide. We will see. If I wanted them usable as CD Juggies, the bases would be, I feel, abusive in difference between the two models.

3 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

I was looking at that last night, and even on Biker bases, although wonderfully grand, the rules don't feel like the model. The size is impressive, especially 6 wide. We will see. If I wanted them usable as CD Juggies, the bases would be, I feel, abusive in difference between the two models.

Not sure if we're stuck on the Khorne theme, but...

Seeker are the Slaanesh cav, right? Those would work.

Or just go for Plastic knight steeds with Guard bits.

• Like 1

I think we are on a Khorne theme. That was what I was looking at last night. Chaos Knights come with Lances, even. Boom, perfect RR.

Then use Chaos Warriors for Crusaders, power sword and storm shield come standard in the box.

Lastly, they had some great cultists in the Blades of Khorne, should I decide to work on Chaos more. 

2 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

Okay. Next question, if I'm using Tempestus on Juggies as Rough Riders, is using Bloodletters as Crusaders wrong? 

New plastic Juggies or old metal? Old metal is about the right size. New plastics are huge, almost twice the size as rough riders in all dimensions. You could comfortably fit two OOP Rough Riders on the Base currently supplied for Plastic Juggernauts.

Are you making the Bloodletters look like they have more armor? Pretty naked models. Also, are you painting them as bloodletters? I think if you trimmed the head and horns and gave them executioners hoods (like the sisters repentia), then painted them as mishapen humans (human skin tones instead of the red daemonic skin) and gave them shields with Imperial markings, they could look right. Might want to swap the swords for more loyalist looking swords too. 

Or is the plan Chaos that isn't Chaos? Does seem a bit odd to have AM counts as Chaos when there are legal AM rules to make them Chaos. Though neither Crusaders nor Rough Riders are legal traitor guard unit options. Annoying to face a faction army that count as a different, also legal, faction army, but not annoying enough to ban it or not play. Just make sure they are visually amazing and you should have no issues.