Job searching sucks

Brother Glacius

just entering the market myself - my current employer just gave us 90 days notice... they were sold and are closing the plant in Portland.  So I have just started to shop around my resume to the other local printers.  Hoping I don't have to long of wait.  I won't be worried until after March though.  I have already contacted 2 headhunter agencies to assist my search.  

p.s. Weav... you wish to critique my res as well?

-d

• Like 1

Guys, here are a few tips for making a positive impression with a recruiter or hiring manager:

• Have a LinkedIn profile; make sure it is fleshed out and professional
    • Have a professional headshot if possible
  • Make your LinkedIn title beneath your name memorable
  • Focus on your skills; make sure you have listed everything you can bring to your next employer
  • LinkedIn connect to EVERYONE YOU HAVE EVER MET; this isn't Facebook, there is no reason to be selective
  • Accept every LinkedIn connection from a recruiter, regardless of industry
  • Make sure your resume is modern, and will make a recruiter WANT to look at it; look into alternative formats
    • For example, my most recent resume is in two columns, and I was told by the recruiter at my new company that she had never seen a resume formatted that way; she said it made her want to read it

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasoncweaver/

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Torg said:

just entering the market myself - my current employer just gave us 90 days notice... they were sold and are closing the plant in Portland.  So I have just started to shop around my resume to the other local printers.  Hoping I don't have to long of wait.  I won't be worried until after March though.  I have already contacted 2 headhunter agencies to assist my search.  

p.s. Weav... you wish to critique my res as well?

-d

Gladly my friend...PM me

• Like 1

• 1 month later...