Avanti

Brother Glacius

So I've got the book in my hands. I've done a quick run through and it looks like the italians can be competitive. I think they might expect you to load up on 90s or 88s though. They also have stats for german tanks/troops in the book as well. What really left me scratching my head though was not so much the book, but instead, the new release coming out. Some of their decisions are odd, like now making the brixia mortar go on a large base instead of the typical infantry base?? I know I'm not rebasing mine. All in all, it looks playable, but I'm still suffering from loss of units shock for all of 4E so far. Apparently only the Bersag fought in africa now...no fucilieri units. Lancias are going to be very common as you can now get squads of 4 and they simply have a good save, no more wiping them out with mortars.

Thx 4 the review. I have not run Italians, yet.

I plan to add them as allies to my DAK force, since the German Africa Rifle platoon is tiny.

Rose City Dukes are planning to run a large event in June or July, featuring Avanti and Armoured Fist.

In the meantime, we meet at GG every Thursday night for pickup games.

EVENTUALLY, I will build out an Italian list.

I you have advice in that area, I would be interested.