Travelling

generalripphook

First ride from Missoula to Drummond. (Bout an hour) 

Doc and Tiny. Doc was an 85 year old man and Tiny was his late wife's dog. He drove an old GMC van and was on his weekly drive to get the "best pie in Montana". 

He offered to buy me pie and lunch. 

Doc reminded me of my grandfather. The ride was only an hour but he told stories the whole time (sometimes the same story once or twice). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I got picked up by the first car from Drummond. Turns out he is an outfitter from the Bob Marshals and is on his way to WISCONSIN for convention. 

Real nice guy, his name is Rich. The damn sharpest eye I have ever seen. He turns to tell me something and stops to point out deer bedding under a tree. I failed to see a single one. 

It is now my mission to try and spot more wild game. Anyone willing to dress up as a moose or bear? I need something to throw the score my way. 

• Haha 2

Storm warning shwarm sharning

North dakota and eastern montana is being hit pretty bad by snow and winds. However I got a ride in a dodge diesel huge truck and the guy is a great driver. Only time its been bad has been when other people drive like poop. 

Its a whole new slice of life riding with someone from rural Montana who raises cattle and hunts for a living. I fear....I fear I may become one of them, someone stop me from buying assless chaps! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Made it to Minniapolis. We aimed for Green Bay, then Eau Claire (o-claire not E-Claire apparently) I guess storms have some effect on driving. You win this time mother nature. 

Staying the night at my Great Aunt Gace's house who is a professional clown. So its bound to be a fun time. 

Made good time so anyone have any recommendations where in Minnisoda/Wisconsin I should spend a day? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It took 5 rides to go 80 some miles from Minniapolis to Eau Claire and one ride to go the 200 some miles from Eau Claire to Milwaukee. 

I was in Eau Claire hanging out at a coffee shop and some college kids came by and saw my bag and asked what I was up to and offered me a place to stay which was super cool. Also they broke my curd-ginity. Anyone tried cheese curds before? Still unsure how I feel about them. 

Milwaukee bucks are playing the Rockets today so I got tickets on the fly. Might as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Oh man I made it to Gary Con X. 

Got 1 ride to Milwaukee from Eau Claire direct. It was great except we got pulled over (dude was speeding) and the cop was trying crazy hard to convince the guy he was crazy for giving a hitchiker a ride. Cop could just could not understand why he gave me a ride. 

Fast forward I am going from Milwaukee to Lake Geneva, a cop pulls over....and gives me a ride a few miles to the end of his jurisdiction and the best high way on ramp. 

I've had two other run ins with cops and they have been super nice. 

Also Gary Con is awesome. I am so excited. I think I nees to put a stop on my bank account before I take a loan so I can buy a house and take a tripple mortgage. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Okay okay okay sorry. I have been having so much fun. 

Got a game in Thursday if Hackmaster. Amazing, so fun met a guy named George Martin's who knew everyone and so he introduced me to all the Hackmsster guys. 

My goal is to get all of the hackmaster people to sign my book, both developers and playtesters (they have playtesters names on the front inside cover). So far I have 4 (one guy is in their twice) three of the game developers, an artist and an old TSR old Guard. 

Today was a little annoying because both my games were canceled. One DM counldnt make it and George canceled his high level game because he cant run it with 2 people. 

The artist for Dragonlance is here! 

By the way if anyone wants Any thing, let me know. 

However I started and got a starfinder guy to level 2 through the societies although ended up with a [big bad swear word]ty DM one time. 

However a guy I met felt sick and gave me his hackmaster ticket to an event tonight and Damn. Fun. 

So hackmaster is weird because they have [big bad swear word] for PR. They come to a con and dont run event and wonder why no one knows/plays their game. Le sigh. I wanna help change that but I was reply bummed when I bought a badge and only 2 events had tickets and 1 endes up being canceled. 

On the crazy note, the DM is from Chicago. Guess who now has a ride ans place to stay in Chicago. 

Also with a ratio of a million men to...wait is that one girl? A cute girl asked me for my number so....critical hit? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1