Forgebane - NEcrons vs Ad Mech - New Armiger and Cryptek

pretre

33 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

[big bad swear word] chaos, just because the imperium gets something, doesn't mean those slack asses get it too. Else I want to start seeing my imperial helldrakes and forgefiends.

Honestly, I'd prefer if Chaos kits were just upgrade sprues included in every Imperium kit. We're doing the conversions anyway...

5 hours ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

I hate "spikes mean evil" mentality

That's not really what I mean. I'd just prefer if GW make generic kits (and codexes) for the imperium/loyalists, and then had the difference between the factions be more one of special characters and chapter traits. Then they could include a sprue that had things like imperial eagles and chaos stars.

Plus, it's not like the change from loyalist to CSM is instant, but the CSM line doesn't really have a lot of model options for renegade chapters, especially those without mutations.

6 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

[big bad swear word] chaos, just because the imperium gets something, doesn't mean those slack asses get it too. Else I want to start seeing my imperial helldrakes and forgefiends.

And for the record, both of those units have really crappy rules this edition. 

8 hours ago, Brother Glacius said:

Anything Imperial can be turned to Chaos by binding a Daemon inside it or something. There's no way to make Daemon Engines both functional and Imperial without effectively destroying what it means to be "Imperial".

14 hours ago, WestRider said:

Anything Imperial can be turned to Chaos by binding a Daemon inside it or something. There's no way to make Daemon Engines both functional and Imperial without effectively destroying what it means to be "Imperial".

You mean by putting a shard of the emperor's armor into a SM vehicle, it doesn't take on divine versions of daemonic traits? I seem to recall this works on SM infantry, granting them invulnerable saves not unlike daemonic saves. 

3 hours ago, paxmiles said:

You mean by putting a shard of the emperor's armor into a SM vehicle, it doesn't take on divine versions of daemonic traits? I seem to recall this works on SM infantry, granting them invulnerable saves not unlike daemonic saves. 

Given that Terminator suits from the Heresy have the same Invul as the M41 suits, I'm guessing that the incorporation of bits of the Emprah's armour into the Crux Terminatus is not, in fact, what grants them their Invul ;)

• Like 1