Axis and Allies Game Day

barca

And now for something different... A STRATEGIC-level game, with miniatures.
I am trying to guage the interest in reserving a room at GG AFTER ENFILADE to:

• get 4-7 people together...
  • for 4-8 hours...
  • to play an Axis & Allies game.

Most likely this would be on a Saturday in June, July, August or September.

There would be a small entry fee to help pay for the cost of the game room rental at Guardian Games, say about $5 per person.

First question is: Which Axis and Allies game?
Here is some information on the choices:

Title                                                                              players         playing time in hours  Nations
Axis and Allies 1914 World War I Board Game    2-8 or 2-6      8                                     Austria-Hungary, Russian Empire, Germany, France, British Empire, Ottoman Empire, Italy, United States
Axis and Allies Pacific 1940 2nd Edition(1)           2-4(2-5)(2)   6                                     UK, USA, ANZAC, Japan, China (NOTE 1)(NOTE 2)
Axis and Allies Europe 1940 2nd Edition(1)           2-6                 6                                     Germany, Russia, UK, USA, France, Italy (NOTE 1)
Axis & Allies Anniversary Ed (Spring 1941)           2-6                 6                                      Germany, Russia, UK, USA, Italy, Japan
Axis and Allies 1941                                                  2-5                 3                                      Germany, Russia, UK, USA, Japan
Axis & Allies 1942 Second Edition                           2-5                4                                      Germany, Russia, UK, USA, Japan

NOTES:

(1) Just to anticipate and answer the question that may be asked:

• QUESTION: Could we do Axis & Allies Global 1940 (combine both 1940 games into one mega-game)?
  • ANSWER: Yes, later, after we have had at least one session of either 1940 game.
  • If someone has experience with the Axis & Allies Global 1940 game, then plz comment below.

(2) In Axis and Allies Pacific 1940 2nd Edition, the 5th player would be China, or with 4 players, one of the Allies plays their nation plus China. China has its own figures and its own IPCs.

Please reply below by ranking the likelihood you would play any of the Axis & Allies games. Rank 1 to 6, with 1=most likely to play.

Axis and Allies 1914 World War I Board Game
Axis and Allies Pacific 1940 2nd Edition
Axis and Allies Europe 1940 2nd Edition
Avalon Hill Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition (Spring 1941)
Axis and Allies 1941
Axis & Allies 1942 Second Edition

• You don't have to rank all of them. Just he ones you are interested in.
  • Plz reply by end-of-day, March 31st.

After I have tallied the rankings, I will make a more detailed proposal with game, time, and date.

• Like 1

Added this inline above:

Just to anticipate and answer the question that may be asked:

• QUESTION: Could we do Axis & Allies Global 1940/ (combine both 1940 games into one mega-game?)
  • ANSWER: Yes, later, after we have had at least one session of either 1940 game.
  • If someone has experience with the Axis & Allies Global 1940 games, then plz comment below.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Tentative games and dates at Guardian Games

1. Axis & Allies 1942 Second Edition  -  Saturday, June  30
  • 11 AM to 6 PM
  • setup 10:30-11:00 AM
  • probably rent the Large Dungeon room
  • fee is $5.00 per person

2. Axis and Allies 1914 World War I -  Saturday, August 4

• 10:30 AM to 7 PM
  • setup 10:00-10:30 AM
  • probably rent the Extra Life Room room
  • fee is $10.00 per person

Please respond before WED, May 2.

I intend to reserve these rooms soon: On Thursday, May 3.

When we have confirmed reservations, I will spin up new threads, one per event, including sign-ups.

• 2 weeks later...