OFCC 2018 Warhammer Underworlds Shadespire Tournament

deadwing34

There will be a Warhammer Underworlds Shadespire 3 round event at OFCC this year and I hope everyone that is playing this fantastic, fast paced, tactical game can make it out to play.

Rules and information for the event:

-Ticket purchase link:

-Tournament will take place at OFCC on Friday August 24th 2018 starting at 1pm (end time roughly 7pm).

-We will use the standard matched play rules from the core rules, meaning that each round you will play the same opponent for up to 3 games. As soon as one player wins 2 games the round is over. We will be playing 3 rounds.

-Each round will be 90 to 120 min, so potentially 30 to 40 min per game (we will most likely play things a little loose on game times to allow people to finish up).

-Each player must use the same Warband and deck build throughout the tournament. All players must submit a desk list and upload it to the app (this can be as simple as a picture of all of your cards).

-Players must use the appropriate miniatures represented on their fighter cards. Minor conversions are acceptable but they still must be easily identifiable as the miniatures represented on their fighter cards.

-All Warbands must be fully painted and based per standard OFCC guidelines.

-All players are required to bring their own warband, decks, dice, tokens and game boards.

-Beta rules for relics will be in place.

-People are free to use any boards and cards that have been released.

-I will be using Best Coast Pairings (bestcoastpairings.com) for all player pairings. Its helpful if you already have a profile setup before the event but not necessary.

-There will be prizes for placement, best painted warband and sportsmanship. Prize support is a follows: gift certificates to Geeks and Games in Oregon City, Shadespire token boxes and various official GW token sets/alternate art Warbands cards (see below for images of all prizes).

Other Links:

Facebook Event Link:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1622556014526621/

Best Coast Pairings Event Link:
https://www.bestcoastpairings.com/eventlanding/95q44qh5

OFCC Link:
http://www.ofccgaming.com/

T1.jpg

T2.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I have finalized more of the details about prize support for this event, please see main post for more details. Please grab a ticket now if you are interested.

I am nearly done painting all 8 of the warbands. If anyone asks real nice I may let people borrow one for the event, if you don't have time to get yours painted up. Though most likely I will play with my Fireslayers for the event if I get to play.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, WestRider said:

I've been having a blast with Magore's Fiends lately, so I may well go with them. Need to get some more games in with the Farstriders and Spiteclaw's swarm, tho, since I've only got in a couple of games each with them, and I don't quite have a feel for them yet.

Magore`s are probably the best face smashers in the game right now,though they have issues with the larger warbands that tend to play objectives or a more "hit and run" type game.Farstriders are a tough band to run,,I really like the way they play,as in the options available to them however they seem to be a bit too much of a "jack of all trades" warband and thus are difficult to score consistantly with.

Im probably going to switch over the Sepulcher guard for a bit as I do like to play objectives and they are probably the best at it,My current AoS tourney list is LoN so this way ill be playing the same GA throughout OFCC.

• Like 1

Yah Magors are pretty strong right now, but Fireslayers took the top spot in the last big tournament in the UK. I am hoping that the leader card pack gets released before OFCC. I think the games is pretty balanced compared to other GW games. But I think part of the goal with the card pack is to help balance out some of the other factions, its a really simple/cheap way to balance out the game.

The Fiends and the Sepulchral Guard were the two Warbands I took to the tournament at Card Kingdom last weekend, and I ended up winning that. Definitely both really good Warbands that I enjoy playing. But I think the Fiends or Farstriders will give me more of the fun play I want from an OFCC event than the Guard. At OFCC, I'm not looking to win so much as have a bunch of good brawls, y'know?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, WestRider said:

The Fiends and the Sepulchral Guard were the two Warbands I took to the tournament at Card Kingdom last weekend, and I ended up winning that. Definitely both really good Warbands that I enjoy playing. But I think the Fiends or Farstriders will give me more of the fun play I want from an OFCC event than the Guard. At OFCC, I'm not looking to win so much as have a bunch of good brawls, y'know?

So you are planning on coming out to have fun.....good you should totally show up and play haha!

Sweet we will be getting new player boards (with traps) and the leader card pack before (coming out July 14th) OFCC. Should make for a great event.

I also have all 8 Warbands completely painted now, I will bring them all with me to OFCC if someone needs to borrow a warband for the event.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/28/white-dwarf-preview-updates-for-warhammer-board-games/

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick reminder about signing up via Best Coast Pairings before the event (link below). If you don't get around to signing up before the event I will be there around noon on Friday with my iPad to get people signed up before the event. Thanks all.

Best Coast Pairings Event Link:
https://www.bestcoastpairings.com/eventlanding/95q44qh5

Also this just got announced:

• Like 1