Idoneth Deepkin

Still better than releasing another "alternate alignment version" of an existing race. Dark Elves and High Elves, for example. Warriors of Chaos and Stormcast. 

I do think GW is losing touch. They're pushing AoS from a D&D medieval fantasy into more of a pure Fantasy setting. And, in fairness, it's easier to copyright pure fantasy. But I want to play medieval fantasy and I had my hopes up when they released that Chaos Hellfort set. But that seems to have been a fluke. 

On 3/31/2018 at 12:51 AM, InfestedKerrigan said:

For Seaelves, the are awesome.

For Deepkin, this is [big bad swear word]ty.

Agreed. Though I do give the turtle a thumbs up. I think the elves with a "proper paint job" will be fine. Avoiding the eel/shark jetbikes is a must though. They are just trash. Could have done drakes and manta rays (I know Tzeentch has them but they could be reimangined).

13 hours ago, Prophecy said:

Agreed. Though I do give the turtle a thumbs up. I think the elves with a "proper paint job" will be fine. Avoiding the eel/shark jetbikes is a must though. They are just trash. Could have done drakes and manta rays (I know Tzeentch has them but they could be reimangined).

Manta Rays would of been great.  Drakes are too common it seems lately.  I would of voted for more critter types.  Though Tzeentch does have some ray type vehicles.  Hmm perhaps Marlins?

On 4/1/2018 at 8:06 PM, Prophecy said:

20 hours ago, WarlordGhrom said:

Manta Rays would of been great.  Drakes are too common it seems lately.  I would of voted for more critter types.  Though Tzeentch does have some ray type vehicles.  Hmm perhaps Marlins?

My vote is Seahorses, seadragons, and a searex for the heroes to ride

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This release is very much along the lines of the Kharadron Overlords last year,,,in that its a completely new,and way out past anything the old world factions were.The hobby aspect of these new armies for AoS is off the charts,if its anything like what people did with the KO`s,within a month some amazing creations will be seen on the facebook page for this army.

The backround on the Deepkin is very interesting and well connected to the old world lore,its actually one of the best so far I think.I hope they continue with this OTT style transitions of old school armies.

• Like 3