2018 OFCC 40K Team Event - Players Guide - BETA

evil_bryan

Clarified the Spirit (adjusted dates) and Sportsmanship (adjusted language) awards:

Spirit:

• Advanced Planning - List submitted for review before 7/28/2018
  • All In - Ticket purchased before 7/14/2018

Sportsmanship:

• Going Old School - Sources?!? You mean source! Your whole army fits within a single Detachment from one source with no flyers, super heavies, or gargantuan creatures
  • No surprises - Start a dedicated post on the Ordo 40K Forums for your team, then add information about your players and their army lists
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PourSpelur said:

Clarification on Old Skool please. No selection from flyers or nothing with fly?

Example: Chinork carrying troop Grots, it's a dedicated transport. Am I good?

I think eliminating the keyword fly would hose too many units, eg: it immediately eliminates most Tau units. 

• Like 1

Additional old school question... codex and forge world. Two sources? They will all be imperium>Adeptus Astartes>imperial fist chapter and in a single detachment so seems pretty tight but technically two source books.

Depending on how this is classed you would end up with juggernaut ridding chaos lords (very old-school) preventing you from "going old school". You'd be using the index and codex and possibly counting as two sources. 

• Like 3

I interpreted this achievement to be single book. If I bring FW it would have to be all FW.

Just my two worthless cents, but the reason I see it that way has to do with the achievement name - to me it hearkens back to the days when FW was despised by most of my local players because it was extremely unbalanced.

The forge world delineation is fine. I'm not worried about it even though my dual twin autocannon dread is now forge world.  No way I'm "going old school" even though I'm totally basing this army on my old school concept. 

I'm more worried about the implications for rough riders, juggernaut lords, certain marine character builds etc that still use the index entries. 

Just a final bit I'm chuckling over... someone will be able to claim old-school with imperial knights (super heavy don't exist) meanwhile me building a list from the models I have painted for my first two ofcc I attended won't. 

Wording aside would changing super heavy and gargantuan creature to lord of war mess things up? Ultra marines primarch totally should prevent "going old school"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, evil_bryan said:

Clearly Old School needed another 8th edition re-work to make more sense. I think this should streamline the process.

Going Old School - Sources?!? You mean source! Your whole army fits within a single Detachment with no single model over 400 points or over 20 wounds

Perfect! Now the reason I'm not getting old school is my Achilles which is appropriate... silly forge world awesome!

17 hours ago, evil_bryan said:

Clearly Old School needed another 8th edition re-work to make more sense. I think this should streamline the process.

Going Old School - Sources?!? You mean source! Your whole army fits within a single Detachment with no single model over 400 points or over 20 wounds

interesting Bray'arth Ashmantle is exactly 400 pts and only 8 wounds...

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 2:09 PM, PourSpelur said:

Clarification on Old Skool please. No selection from flyers or nothing with fly?

Example: Chinork carrying troop Grots, it's a dedicated transport. Am I good?

that doesn't matter since the Chinork is in a different source then the rest of your army. one source is one book

2 hours ago, Skkipper said:

that doesn't matter since the Chinork is in a different source then the rest of your army. one source is one book

They changed it up given battle brothers to requiring a single detachment. Index only units were a driving factor. Multiple books are fine now...

On 5/28/2018 at 1:41 AM, evil_bryan said:

Written in gw style :). Rules state single detachment with no model over 400 pts or 20 wounds. There is some flavor text about sources but those ain't rules...

If you apply number of books as sources then rough riders ain't old school, lol. While if sources means specific <> only detachment then index is cool as is forge world for old school.