Where to go after Forgebane?

cryxian

Looking to get the new boxed set and I want to collect both armies. If I wanted to take both armies to 1000 points and, have them balanced against each other, what should I buy next?  I'm looking to start playing 40K with my wife. I like Necrons and she likes the look of the Ad-Mech.  I would like to keep both sides balanced against each other. Thanks!

Would like to keep it under 200 dollars after Forgebane. 

• Like 1

Yeah, 2nd box for Necrons at least makes full squads. 2x5 immortals, 2x5 lychgard, 2x3 Wraiths. You don't really need 2 cryptek models, but can play them as different HQ's. This is what I did, split 2 halves of this box set to increase my Necrons.

As for the admech, I'm told having 1-2 full knights with 2 of the little knights in forgebane (per knight), makes a good squad. But not as familiar with their build design.

As a Mech Jockey, I suggest, if she is interested in Knights, to make sure your local meta can handle that in casual play. AdMech has a lot of fun, Giger esqur, models. If she likes Knights, get her a Knight, 500 pts give or take, make sure to magnetize. If she is meh about Knights, the AdMech SCB is the way to go, if only for the second rifle and the Dune walker.