Torgs_Mechanicus/knight list - ideas

Torg

Ok ... now that I have the ForgeBane Mechanicus models ... I coupled them with my getting started box of Skitarii... along with a couple other things I have in my collection.  I am trying to build a list for this army without picking up to many more additions.  Comments please!  I have more knights - but I am trying to trim my collection somewhat.  I am using a fortification in this list because I have it...and it is painted lol.  But I could see picking up some thing else or using another Knight for the points.  But after building the list my thought (fluff) would be this is a Freeblade Knight... with his cohorts - whom happen to have an outpost in the fortification.  I have not played this army - but I have been planning too for a long time as an alternate to my typical Eldar.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) ++

+ Uncategorised +

Forge World: Agripiinaa

+ HQ +

Tech-Priest Dominus : Omnissian Axe, Phosphor Serpenta , Volkite Blaster 

Tech-Priest Engineer : Omnissian Axe, Servo-arm 

+ Troops +

Skitarii Rangers : Omnispex 
. Ranger (Transuranic Arquebus) : Transuranic arquebus 
. Ranger Alpha : Galvanic rifle
. 3x Skitarii Ranger 

Skitarii Rangers : Omnispex 
. Ranger (Transuranic Arquebus) : Transuranic arquebus 
. Ranger Alpha : Galvanic rifle
. 3x Skitarii Ranger 

Skitarii Vanguards : Omnispex 
. 5x Skitarii Vanguard 
. 2x Vanguard (Plasma caliber) : 2x Plasma caliber 
. Vanguard Alpha : Arc mau , Phosphor blast pistol 

+ Fast Attack +

Ironstrider Ballistarii 
. Ironstrider Ballistarius : Twin Cognis Autocannon 

+ Heavy Support +

Onager Dunecrawler : Cognis heavy stubbed , Icarus Array , Smoke Launchers

++ Super-Heavy Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Imperial Knights) ++

+ Lord of War +

Armiger Warglaives 
. Armiger Warglaive : Meltagun 

Armiger Warglaives 
. Armiger Warglaive : Heavy stubbed 

Knight Warden : 3. Tenacious Survivor, Avenger gatling cannon , Character, Heavy flamer , Heavy stubbed , Reaper chainsword , Twin Icarus auto cannon , Warlord

++ Fortification Network (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) ++

+ Uncategorised +

Forge World: Stygies VIII

+ Fortification +

Aquila Strongpoint : Aquila Macro-cannon 

++ Total: [105 PL, 1998pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love the list. Very fluffy. 

Regarding the Aquilla, you did notice that it can't hold multiple squads, right? So, as goofy as it is, the aqualla holds 30 models, but those 30 can only be made up of a single infantry unit and any number of infantry characters. Meanwhile, most other transports can hold a fixed model count, but no limit on units. 

Doesn't really feel that you have a unit big enough to take advantage of the Aquilla's fire points. Still an awesome model and very much unpleaseant to deal with. 

5 hours ago, Torg said:

hmmm I will look at bulking up one of the units possibly... maybe pick up another unit box or starter box... not sure yet.  

I do like the Aquila - but it is darn expensive lol.

-d

Does Ad mech have a method of buffying buildings? That's the problem I run into is that I can't justify the high cost for a unit that has no synergy with the rest of the army. 

Peter has a pretty solid list that features multiple Long Fang units each in their own Imperial Bunker.

I suppose you could build a "composite" building which was actually multiple buildings that were modeled as a single terrain feature with removeable sections. Like three imperial bunkers, but modeled as a single building that would lose sections as each bunker was destroyed. Then you could keep your fluff of a single  fortification, but the rules would allow three units to embark. 

small oddity that I've enjoyed for skitarii rangers is to pile the transuranic into a single squad and run five galvanic as a more mobile objective grabber squad. This allows the strategem to buff both at the same time. All squads can split fire so having them split isn't as big a deal as back in the day. 

• Like 1